PDA

View Full Version : Fake strings? Babolat PHT 16 + VS "15L" Hybrid

ipitythefool
12-04-2009, 03:10 PM
I bought few sets of the Babolat Pro Huricane Tour 16 + VS Touch 15L hybrid string on the internet. Please notice that, the gauges are different!

I just realized that TW does not sell such hybrid of different gauges, but they are same..16g with 16 and 17 with 17, etc.

All the packaging looks same as the ones in the original pics in TW. But the pic of Roddick "slightly" reminded me of the Roddick's pic on the cardboards of fake Pure Drive Roddicks, although I may be wrong.

Haven't opened any of the packages yet as they are vaccuum sealed.

Did anyone else come across such gauge difference among Babolat hybrid strings? I live in Europe, so perhaps these are something that are not available to U.S market?

Thanks!

edman9898
12-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Put them in and see how they play. If they play good, buy them again!:)

lawlitssoo1n
12-04-2009, 08:37 PM
are they pre packaged and sealed?

ipitythefool
12-05-2009, 01:07 AM
are they pre packaged and sealed?

Ya pre-packaged, air sealed and all. Says Made in France on the package, actually pretty much identical to an o.g Bab VS packaging, except that it says 15L instead of 16 for the gut.

It is still raining and humid, so wanna wait to open one of 'em and check it out until stringing time. Hopefully these premium strings are not imitated in China like the Bab racquets..

uk_skippy
12-05-2009, 02:09 AM
I have some pre-packaged hybrids of PHT & Gut. Mine are 17g PHT with 16G gut. If you look at the back there should be be reference to the other pack guages that were available. Mine show a 16g PHT with 15L Gut

You should be ok

Regards

Paul

lawlitssoo1n
12-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Ya pre-packaged, air sealed and all. Says Made in France on the package, actually pretty much identical to an o.g Bab VS packaging, except that it says 15L instead of 16 for the gut.

It is still raining and humid, so wanna wait to open one of 'em and check it out until stringing time. Hopefully these premium strings are not imitated in China like the Bab racquets..

can you post a picture? and are you sure the gut is vs touch? not vs tonic?

ipitythefool
12-05-2009, 11:34 AM
can you post a picture? and are you sure the gut is vs touch? not vs tonic?

Ya I am positive it is not the tonic. My cam is broken to take the string packs' pics. But here's the pic that was originally on the website from which I purchased for cheap. The light kinda reflects right on where it says 15L (kind of makes me wonder if this was done on purpose lol) IMO it looks pretty much identical to the ones being sold at TW. But you never know.

http://i48.tinypic.com/m9vv4p.jpg

ipitythefool
12-05-2009, 11:46 AM
LOL I know I will sound totally stupid :) I just checked all the packs of strings I bought. Actually all packs show 130/16G for both gut and PHT...DUH...What was I thinking LOL? :) But one pack shows 16G for gut and 17G for PHT, which should be fine as it is same as how uk skippy described! So I guess I am fine..Never mind, friends! I think I just became a paranoid lately since I ended up buying so many fake Babs on the internet LOL

lawlitssoo1n
12-05-2009, 01:47 PM
LOL I know I will sound totally stupid :) I just checked all the packs of strings I bought. Actually all packs show 130/16G for both gut and PHT...DUH...What was I thinking LOL? :) But one pack shows 16G for gut and 17G for PHT, which should be fine as it is same as how uk skippy described! So I guess I am fine..Never mind, friends! I think I just became a paranoid lately since I ended up buying so many fake Babs on the internet LOL

haha just wondering how much did you get this for? cuz i'm guessing you bought it for a lot cheaper than tw

BLuu21
12-05-2009, 04:40 PM
For sure Babolat made 15L VS gut, I have some old packets of VS Team 15L. I'm not sure if Babolat still makes 15L VS gut but the packaging in your picture looks real to me.