PDA

View Full Version : Yonex strings as a hybrid

nabbydian
12-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Hi all,

Just to share with you about my experience with Yonex Tour Super 850 Pro 16 String - ATG 850P - i usually use a full poly string such as Head Sonic Pro or Head Ultra Tour 17

Strung the ATG 850P as a full setup on RDS001 MP - 59 pounds, i usually use a full poly string such as Head Sonic Pro or Head Ultra Tour 17

IMO on the ATG 850P
- there is a nice pop on the strings, similar but less than a full poly setup
- very little movement on the strings so you dont need to adjust it between points
- durable and arm friendly, have been using it for a while and performance have yet to drop
- Good power and control, find that i was able to hit hardest with this string so far

As i intend to use this string as a cross - so i wish to knoew has anyone tried using this string as a hybrid with poly?

ayuname
12-05-2009, 09:17 AM
I have like two sets of these. Can't wait to try them out.

As for your hybrid, with a poly, it would probably hold tension well and you'll probably get good spin from the poly as well as comfort and control.

jamauss
12-05-2009, 09:34 AM
I've used that Yonex string in a hybrid setup many times with it in the crosses and a poly in the mains. Pro Hurricane/BB ALU Power/Black Code, etc.

TripleB
12-05-2009, 10:25 AM
I tried many, many, many strings as a hybrid and now all I use is the Yonex Tour Super 850 as my cross.

Typically it goes hand in hand with my Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power but I've tried it with numerous other polys lately and it feels fantastic in all of them.

Softens the bed up nicely and lasts a loooooooooooong time.

Best string out there!!!

TripleB

papatenis
12-05-2009, 10:29 AM
I string my kids racquet with the yonex poly 125 on mains, and 850 on cross.
Since they play alot, the 850 cross usually breaks after two weeks of play. The 850 is a great soft multi, but not very durable.

nabbydian
12-09-2009, 05:29 AM
thanks for the feedback - it seems feasible to have luxilon in the main and the ATG 850P as the cross afterall!

actually some of my mates was saying it is a pity to have expensive multifilament strings as a cross and they suggested using a cheaper synthetic instead

nabbydian
01-20-2010, 10:41 AM
bump

10char