PDA

View Full Version : What's with the cincy being the 5th slam?

Ratsoup
12-05-2009, 06:29 AM
I noticed a referance from another topic, saying cincy being the 5th slam. I searched the forums about it, but still came up short. Only thing I got that some user names shuresh or something promotes it all the time, and that's it. Why is it so much more important then the other Master events? :shock:

Spider
12-05-2009, 06:31 AM
I think because Federer finally beat Murray, people started talking about it as the 5th slam, because Murray held the advantage till that win.

malakas
12-05-2009, 06:33 AM
because whatever sureshs says is LAW.so there.
thread= end.

Blinkism
12-05-2009, 06:34 AM
I think because Federer finally beat Murray, people started talking about it as the 5th slam, because Murray held the advantage till that win.

Federer's head-to-head with Murray is the "make or break" for Federer's status as the greatest of all time.

Fact

[/thread]

Andres
12-05-2009, 06:34 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=282818

Cincinnati - the real Slam

"Today's semifinals feature the top 4 players. Unlike the last 2 "Slams". I contend that whoever wins here is the real #1 and the GOAT. I have a feeling it won't be the guy with the elegant strokes."

malakas
12-05-2009, 06:36 AM
Federer's head-to-head with Murray is the "make or break" for Federer's status as the greatest of all time.

Fact

[/thread]

the thread already ended one post ago.:roll: you come second as always simon reed.:rolleyes:

Blinkism
12-05-2009, 06:38 AM
the thread already ended one post ago.:roll: you come second as always simon reed.:rolleyes:

For sure, malakas is doing well.

I have to troll my best to have chances in this thread, no?

I have to have the right negative attitude or is going to be impossible to out-troll malakas.

Spider
12-05-2009, 06:40 AM

Fact

[/thread]

Murray will have a much better 2010 than Nadal. :)

Carsomyr
12-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Murray will have a much better 2010 than Nadal. :)

In what? Modern Warfare campaigning? I agree, Murray will unlock some sweet golden Desert Eagles.

lawrence
12-05-2009, 07:18 AM

Nope. its all about sureshs

the guy was so confident Federer wouldn't win he made a lame thread about how Cinci is the REAL 5TH SLAM and whoever won it was GOAT (suresh being an anti-fed troll)

and then fed won it, beating murray and djokov on route. he hasnt posted in that thread since the laughter began

malakas
12-05-2009, 07:42 AM
In what? Modern Warfare campaigning? I agree, Murray will unlock some sweet golden Desert Eagles.

oh no in outfits of course!!This year was actually a draw-both went for the girlie look.One with the bra and the other with the hot pink heaven.

Next year Nadal has chosen the orange muppet show.Let's see what Murray comes up with to beat him!Should be interesting battle!:D

seffina
12-05-2009, 07:57 AM
Because it's the one tournament I attend every year? Duh. :)

Marshredder
12-05-2009, 08:22 AM

I just spat coke all over my screen :D

Eastbourne is blatently the 5th slam... :p (I play at the eastbourne courts regularly when at home, nice grass courts.)

AM95
12-05-2009, 08:56 AM
its because this year, all the top 4 players were in the semi's (Fed, Rafa, Murray, and Djoko) and that did not happen at any of the slams this year.

pame
12-05-2009, 09:47 AM
lawrence is exactly right.... we haven't stopped laughing since then :grin::grin:

Anaconda
12-05-2009, 09:48 AM

No, Fed held the GS advantage over Murray with the demolition job Fed dealt Murray at the Open.