PDA

View Full Version : Cold weather cycling gloves?

steebo
12-05-2009, 06:59 AM
Any suggestions on a pair that will actually work in 35 and below weather, and are not too bulky?
It was 32 here this morning and I rode for about 30 minutes to work, and my fingers are still killing me. I had on a pair of outdoor research, but it was like having no gloves on.
Thanks for any suggestions.

mtommer
12-05-2009, 08:33 AM
I don't use cycling specific gloves at all. They are simply to expensive to try and have them not work, especially considering the really are no different than other gloves. This morning it was 23 degF out and I used 200g Insulate gloves with a nylon backing. They nylon shell provides a shield from the wind. Usually in the 30 deg range I have a pair of 200g Insulate wool gloves and they do okay for rides of less than 1 1/2 hours.

steebo
12-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Thanks, I picked up some gloves as you described, fairly cheaply. I think the nylon will block the cold wind perfectly.

fridrix
12-08-2009, 06:05 AM
Specialized makes something called "Sub Zero" gloves that will take you down to 30'F or so. When I lived in Salt Lake City I never did find anything that would handle below 25'F with wind.