PDA

View Full Version : Why Andy Murray won't win a Major in 2010...

ubermeyer
12-05-2009, 07:57 AM
This.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/blog/busted_racquet/post/Andy-Murray-gets-dumped-for-playing-too-many-vid?urn=ten,206655

7 hours a day of video games??? :)

AM95
12-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Murray, the No. 4 ranked player in the world, was dumped by his long-time girlfriend Kim Sears due, in part, to the fact that he spent up to seven hours a day playing video games.

I thought Murray split with her. If he did he's more of an idiot then i thought. The girl is pretty fit.

But, hey, with Federer still truckin', that might be the only way Andy Murray is going to win a major.
:D :D :D :twisted: LOL!!

Anaconda
12-05-2009, 08:09 AM
He's probably more interested in trying to be the first guy to prestige 10 times on COD 6!!!

batz
12-05-2009, 08:15 AM
This.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/blog/busted_racquet/post/Andy-Murray-gets-dumped-for-playing-too-many-vid?urn=ten,206655

7 hours a day of video games??? :)

It's bollox. He say as much in a bbc interview. He says he doesn't have time to spend 7 hours a day playing games as he's either practicing or in the gym.

The same source for this story also said Miss Scotland went with him to a tournament in Spain just after Wimbledon.

NamRanger
12-05-2009, 06:21 PM
It's bollox. He say as much in a bbc interview. He says he doesn't have time to spend 7 hours a day playing games as he's either practicing or in the gym.

The same source for this story also said Miss Scotland went with him to a tournament in Spain just after Wimbledon.

Yeah honestly there's no way he could maintain his physical shape AND play 7 hours of video games a day.

federer_FREAK
12-05-2009, 06:27 PM
like this topic hasn't been posted already..

dlk
12-05-2009, 06:29 PM
I believe he could win AO or Wimby. Granted, he's not my money. But I think his game is good enough.

flyinghippos101
12-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Yeah honestly there's no way he could maintain his physical shape AND play 7 hours of video games a day.

Sure he can, lets say he wakes up at like, 8:00 AM. 7 hours of gaming, by then its only 3:00 PM, he still has the rest of the day to practice.

NamRanger
12-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Sure he can, lets say he wakes up at like, 8:00 AM. 7 hours of gaming, by then its only 3:00 PM, he still has the rest of the day to practice.

Well I'm factoring in things like on court training, off court training, rest time, eating, showering, etc. and other duties like press conferences, blah blah blah. You know.

I'm sure Andy Murray plays video games (as many young males do today), but not to that extent.

kishnabe
12-05-2009, 07:26 PM
delete post

kishnabe
12-05-2009, 07:35 PM
He will win Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon and the US open in the same year.

Obviously in his Top Spin 3 or Virtua Tennis 2009 for PS3, He can't win a slam for beans.

jazzyfunkybluesy
12-05-2009, 07:35 PM
He must have been bored of her. Video games ~ hot babe it is confusing.

crackbillionair
12-05-2009, 08:08 PM
He doesn't have the balls to play aggressively enough to win slams. Still, he might luck into a few, but here's hoping that never happens.

stanfordtennis alum
12-05-2009, 09:26 PM
wow.... dont know how he has this much time on hand

Cup8489
12-05-2009, 09:46 PM
He will win Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon and the US open in the same year.

Obviously in his Top Spin 3 or Virtua Tennis 2009 for PS3, He can't win a slam for beans.

he only has a shot in VT2009. His top spin 3 characteristics are garbage.

course, the only reason i say their garbage is because he serves bigger and has better fitness. but it's not like he gets the serve in enough to warrant more than a 50-whatever his in game serve is, and who cares about fitness in that game anyway?

Good luck compu-murray!

Calendar slam for sure!

vndesu
12-05-2009, 09:54 PM
I believe he could win AO or Wimby. Granted, he's not my money. But I think his game is good enough.

he could, but if he played like how he did at ao and wimby this year i dont think so

namelessone
12-05-2009, 11:10 PM
What the hell is wrong with Murray? I am a video game addict myself(morelike was because I don't have time for them anymore) but 7 hours is too much,especially when you a pro athlete and have to take care of your body,including those hands. No wonder he got a wrist injury.

Feņa14
12-05-2009, 11:25 PM
What the hell is wrong with Murray? I am a video game addict myself(morelike was because I don't have time for them anymore) but 7 hours is too much,especially when you a pro athlete and have to take care of your body,including those hands. No wonder he got a wrist injury.

I play alot too, but i'd find it near impossible to play for 7 hours a day, even on the days I wasn't busy.

An athlete who no doubt practices and hits the gym alot would probably get nowhere near that figure. My guess would be that 7 hours has been exaggerated, and that there were other reasons for the relationship with Kim ending.

Maybe they got bored of each other, maybe there is something going on with that Miss Scotland who pops up every now and then at his matches. Who knows?

britbox
12-06-2009, 12:47 AM
He doesn't have the balls to play aggressively enough to win slams. Still, he might luck into a few, but here's hoping that never happens.

crackbillionair - that's a blast from the past. How are you doing?

Murray won't win a slam in 2010. He won't win a slam at any point until he understands that you have to go and win them on your own racquet. Fortune favours the brave.