PDA

View Full Version : Tension Drop when going from Lux ALUBB to Lux BB Ace?

TripleB
12-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Typically use a Luxilon BB ALU Power / Yonex Tour Super 850 hybrid in a Head LM Radical MP and string it at 56/56.

Put a hybrid of Luxilon BB Ace 18g / Yonex Tour Super 850 hybrid in it to attempt to get some more bite on the ball.

I strung it at the same tension and it feels as hard as a board.

What is the typical 'need to drop tension' pounds when going from BB ALU Power to the Ace?

TripleB

tigerstring
12-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Depends on what you're stringing it at already. I'd say maybe try dropping the mains 4-6 pounds and keeping the crosses the same. When my players describe a string/tension combination as board I usually have to make a pretty drastic drop like that. When they say they just want it a little looser I do a 2-3 pound drop. One pound is not as dramatic of a difference as most people on these boards seem to think it is.

TripleB
12-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Depends on what you're stringing it at already. I'd say maybe try dropping the mains 4-6 pounds and keeping the crosses the same. When my players describe a string/tension combination as board I usually have to make a pretty drastic drop like that. When they say they just want it a little looser I do a 2-3 pound drop. One pound is not as dramatic of a difference as most people on these boards seem to think it is.

Thanks for the input...stringing both mains and crosses at 56 pounds right now.

TripleB