PDA

View Full Version : Prince EXO3 stringing pattern

jace112
12-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Hi!

I've just bought a Prince EXO3 Rebel Team.

According to Prince (http://www.princetennis.com/exo3/stringinginstructions/exo3_rebel_team_si.pdf) it's a 2 pieces sting job.

If so, why is there a *short side* on the frame?

And why did Prince designed such a pattern with a 18 mains racquet? I mean if you follow the pattern, with a one piece string job, you won't be able to install the crosses from top to bottom as required. (void the warranty!!!)

I had to skip the last main on the long side to get the X's from top to bottom.

Really weird... :neutral:

ci2ca
12-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Why don't you just string 2 piece? Make sure the P on the cap is facing upwards and the arrow on the center marker for the frame is pointing up that helps with stringing AKA not having to lock the table because the string pulls straight across. I don't know if that will solve your one piece stringing dilemma but it's worth a try?

lawlitssoo1n
12-06-2009, 11:36 AM
yea it's like that for ALL prince O3 rackets. i failed on my 1st one prince strings job but luckily i strung it w/ 2 piece

Irvin
12-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Why don't you just string 2 piece? Make sure the P on the cap is facing upwards and the arrow on the center marker for the frame is pointing up that helps with stringing AKA not having to lock the table because the string pulls straight across. I don't know if that will solve your one piece stringing dilemma but it's worth a try?

yea it's like that for ALL prince O3 rackets. i failed on my 1st one prince strings job but luckily i strung it w/ 2 piece

You two have got to be kidding.

Prince has to have something to mark which side the crosses start on. If you notice on the instructions the crosses start opposite the short side of the racket.

If I were stringing that racket I would use a two piece 50/50 method that way you don't need a brake on your machine or any tools to string the racket.

Irvin

jace112
12-06-2009, 01:01 PM

Prince has to have something to mark which side the crosses start on. If you notice on the instructions the crosses start opposite the short side of the racket.

If I were stringing that racket I would use a two piece 50/50 method that way you don't need a brake on your machine or any tools to string the racket.

Irvin
Ok, the short side mark is useless on the Rebel? I'll do 2 piece next time. I thought that skipping the last main wouldn't be an issue.

I don't understand how you get rid of the brake anyway...

BTW, I had no problem with the Ignite (which has 16 main)

zapvor
12-06-2009, 05:15 PM
lol yea. for all prince O3 rackets theres a short side thats marked. you need to follow it...

Irvin
12-08-2009, 04:30 AM
lol yea. for all prince O3 rackets theres a short side thats marked. you need to follow it...

All the O3 rackets do have a short side but you don't always need to pay any attention to it. For the hybrid rackets that do not have O ports at 3 and 9 o'clock positions it does not matter if you pay attention to it or not.

Here is an example:
http://www.princetennis.com/multilingual/tennis/files/stringing_instructions/o3_hybrid_lite_si.pdf

Irvin

JackB1
01-26-2010, 07:07 PM

Irvin

Why doesn't Prince recommend the 50/50 method? Also, is it easier with the ports, since there is less pulling against the grommets since they are large openings?

Power Player
09-06-2011, 12:12 PM

Irvin

I am trying out the EXO3Tour and if I end up grabbing one, I wanted to make sure I understand this properly.

I string hybrids, so I would basically have the racquet pointing up, do the mains as normal and the crosses as normal without needing to use the lock or some kind of special device while stringing the stick...is this correct?

BTW, I'd probably just use the port holes..seems like it could be a very fast string job, but I could be missing something. Always was fascinated by how these sticks were strung up.

fortun8son
09-06-2011, 08:13 PM
I just came across the same thing on an O3 Hybrid Comp MP. I think it's just a factory error as it is 2pc only and the starting knot hole is clearly marked.
The short side designation is superfluous and confusing.
It's probably a standard factory printing and, since 2pc-only is so rare for Prince, nobody noticed the need to remove it for these two frames, even though the M tie-off is also clearly marked at the throat.

Power Player
09-06-2011, 08:33 PM
So do you need any boomerangs..or to lock your stringer base to string this racquet in a hybrid..or is it just make sure that the arrow is pointing up and business as usual?

fortun8son
09-06-2011, 08:42 PM
I'll leave that one to Irvin.
I use the turntable brake and string as usual, but I may be in the minority here.
IMHO the O-port design is rather silly, there is no real advantage and it just makes things more difficult. They can't go back now, can they? They're committed.
Same with Head IGS (inner grommet system)racquetball frames, although they can still say Ooops! with that one.
Be thankful there are no IGS tennis frames. CAPS is bad enough!
I also dread the thought of getting Crossbows!
Those need to just go away!

jonestim
09-06-2011, 09:11 PM
You need to have a lockout, a boomerang, do the 50/50 method where you start stringing your crosses in the middle of the racquet like you do your mains - but do all the crosses to the head, THEN do all the crosses to the bottom ....

Or, do what I have been doing (and I should take a picture of next time since I haven't seen it posted here yet), and mount the frame off center head to throat on your machine. I have an ATS Super Stringer II. When stringing normally (head to throat) with the boomerang tool you only need it for the top half of the O ports, and once you get to below the pivot point of your machine you don't need it anymore. I figured I would mount the racquet as far down on my machine as possible which would mean most of the O ports would be below the pivot point. I did it first with my wife's 16x18 Tour Team and didn't need the boomerang at all. I then strung up one of my 18x20 Tours and once again, no boomerang needed. No lockout, no 50/50, just a standard head to throat stringing. Let me know if you need a pic or if I have described it ok.