PDA

View Full Version : I have great admiration for Stepanek

Seany
12-06-2009, 05:06 PM
When watching the Davis cup final, watching this guy play for his country after so many years on the tour, playing in front of a hostile crowd, having never really been a fan a before, I suddenly found this great respect for the guy.

Seriously, I've only come to notice it of late, but he's a really genuine nice guy, he's so good for tennis in many ways.

Ugly jokes aside, this guy is always out there every week, year after year, trying his heart out. He never gives up, he never gets down on himself and he always gives the fans their moneys worth, and most importantly he's got real great sportsmanship.

People throughout his career have criticised his playing style and his forehand, but he has persisted with it, and he brings a playing style to the tour that is so rare and so fun to watch.

He never has a bad word to say about anybody, and in the recent Marat Safin tribute video you would see he was one of the few guys who genuinely said kind words about safin and was genuinely going to miss him.

Unfortunately he just doesn't seem to have many fans, I don't get why, he's such an honest play and he has such passion for the game, it's very refreshing to see.

So anyway, I'm not sure why but I felt compelled to post this.

Radek Stepanek, great respect to you, thank you for contributing so much to tennis, and I hope you keep going for a few more years yet.

Mr.Brightside
12-06-2009, 05:16 PM
and he gets hot chicks

pound cat
12-06-2009, 05:21 PM
When watching the Davis cup final, watching this guy play for his country after so many years on the tour, playing in front of a hostile crowd, having never really been a fan a before, I suddenly found this great respect for the guy.

Seriously, I've only come to notice it of late, but he's a really genuine nice guy, he's so good for tennis in many ways.

Ugly jokes aside, this guy is always out there every week, year after year, trying his heart out. He never gives up, he never gets down on himself and he always gives the fans their moneys worth, and most importantly he's got real great sportsmanship.

People throughout his career have criticised his playing style and his forehand, but he has persisted with it, and he brings a playing style to the tour that is so rare and so fun to watch.

He never has a bad word to say about anybody, and in the recent Marat Safin tribute video you would see he was one of the few guys who genuinely said kind words about safin and was genuinely going to miss him.

Unfortunately he just doesn't seem to have many fans, I don't get why, he's such an honest play and he has such passion for the game, it's very refreshing to see.

So anyway, I'm not sure why but I felt compelled to post this.

Radek Stepanek, great respect to you, thank you for contributing so much to tennis, and I hope you keep going for a few more years yet.

Nice post. I think posters on message boards have focused only on the ladies he gets involved with. This is likely explained by their inability or unwillingness to look at a person as you have. I watched him during his DC matches and he was hugely involved with the spirit of the occasion.

Interesting...I read your post and said to myself :this guy is going to do really well in life...

Good on ya'

Toxicmilk
12-06-2009, 05:22 PM
always loved watching him play, one of the first players i saw live, cool guy.

jazzyfunkybluesy
12-06-2009, 06:43 PM
I like his game. Would have been huge to beat Ferrer as badly as he did in the first 2 sets.

teto29
12-06-2009, 07:02 PM
the girls.... how this guy gets them amazes me.
but yea your right,,, my respect

surfvland
12-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Very creative player.

SVP
12-09-2009, 10:29 AM
A favorite of mine too.

Why is he associated with so many "hot" women? An attractive rap and/or good-sized shalong. Sorry for the coarseness, just based on my life experience and observations.

TheMusicLover
12-09-2009, 10:37 AM
One of the last-still-standing players around who still attempt to play S/V style whenever it's possible.

stanfordtennis alum
12-09-2009, 10:39 AM
and he gets hot chicks

that's the most important part... need to learn some of his tricks