PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Discovery?

Arvid
12-07-2009, 02:26 AM
I just got my racket strung with Babolat Vs. But the writting on the strings are "Babolat Discovery" is that would it should say?

skyzoo
12-07-2009, 03:17 AM
does it smell like natural gut?

Arvid
12-07-2009, 05:06 AM
does it smell like natural gut?
Nope havent done that....but it is gut. I cant possibly imagine that he would try to con me with something like that. I just thought it seemed strange that it doesnt say babolat vs on the strings and thought someone might have an explanation....

C-3PO
12-07-2009, 05:15 AM
please post pictures, it's very interesting and mysterious

Mano
12-07-2009, 05:39 AM
Stringforum makes notice of a babolat gut named discovery. It supposed to be 1.4 mm thick. Here is the link. Looks to me it isn't vs gut than.

http://www.stringforum.net/strings.php?sdnr=2833&count=1

Arvid
12-07-2009, 06:03 AM
Stringforum makes notice of a babolat gut named discovery. It supposed to be 1.4 mm thick. Here is the link. Looks to me it isn't vs gut than.

http://www.stringforum.net/strings.php?sdnr=2833&count=1
Aha! Thats what it is! Cause i asked him for the thickest string he had being that its natural gut and prone to break, so he was talking about vs and then said he had one with that diameter. I thought first maybe it was just a vs 1,35 and that he was misstaken. So what might the differense be to vs? I dont find much info on this gut.....Will be interesting to see how it plays and how durable its gone be. Unfortunately i havent tried it yet, were moving right now and i havent had the opportunity to play.....

Mano
12-07-2009, 06:24 AM
Well, i don't have any experience with that string, as you may have noticed from the earlier post. So i can't tell you how it plays. However, the vs 1.35 really takes some time to break in. It takes for me, a couple of hours before it really starts to play great. I can imagine it may take even (a little) longer with the 1.4 mm, so don't be dissapointed if id doesn't perform right away.
Good luck with it and the moving

Arvid
12-07-2009, 06:53 AM
Well, i don't have any experience with that string, as you may have noticed from the earlier post. So i can't tell you how it plays. However, the vs 1.35 really takes some time to break in. It takes for me, a couple of hours before it really starts to play great. I can imagine it may take even (a little) longer with the 1.4 mm, so don't be dissapointed if id doesn't perform right away.
Good luck with it and the moving
Ok thanks for the info. Im really excited about trying it! How much play do you usually get out of the 1,35?

ClubHoUno
12-07-2009, 07:31 AM
Ok thanks for the info. Im really excited about trying it! How much play do you usually get out of the 1,35?

If it takes too long to break in, you might consider going to a VS 1.35 OR EVEN VS 1.30 next time and then install 25-50 Babolat Elastocross stringsavers next time, which will give you added durability and still feel better than the thick 1.40 gauge Natty gut.

Mano
12-07-2009, 08:48 AM

I think it is about 16-20 hours, depends on the surface and my opponents (hard hitters or not).
The last time the cross string (lux alu power) died before the gut snaps, so for me the durability is quite good. Next time i will try it with hyperon in the crosses, that string seems to keep the tension en elasticity better.