PDA

View Full Version : BC to Weiss Cannon Turbo Twist Tension Q

nickarnold2000
12-07-2009, 06:47 AM
Hey everybody, I have some Turbo Twist on order and am wondering how much I should up the tension from my current BC setup. Weiss says that you can up the tension to multi like tightness! Does any one have any experience with this string?

TW Staff
12-07-2009, 07:21 AM
Hey everybody, I have some Turbo Twist on order and am wondering how much I should up the tension from my current BC setup. Weiss says that you can up the tension to syn gut like tightness! Does any one have any experience with this string?

I am testing it today. I can tell you later if I remember. I am just going to string it at my normal tension.

Danny/TW

jazzyfunkybluesy
12-07-2009, 09:27 AM
It is very powerful, comfortable, and spin friendly. I have to string it at the max of the racquet specs to maximize control.

bad_call
12-07-2009, 09:42 AM
nickarnold - TT 1.18 looks to be similar in power to PS BAM. i dropped tension (BAM) 1.5 lbs (from multi tension) and this gave perfect depth...

ClubHoUno
12-07-2009, 09:45 AM
I strung mine at 25 kg mains and hybrid it with Signum Hyperion in the crosses strung at 26 kg.

TurboTwist is VERY soft and arm friendly for a CoPoly - and some will think It's a multi is my guess.

Die Hard poly fans will not like this strings, as it feels and plays soft like a hard multi string - but soft string lovers, that plan on testning a poly will love this string in my view.

I didn't like it as a cross string in hybrid with VS NATTY GUT, because I need the crosses string to be stiffer feeling to tame the gut - and the TurboTwist almost felt like a multi string, when crosses with Natty GUT - too soft :)

But in a full bed or in a hybrid as main string with a harder poly in the crosses it will perform GREAT in my opinion !

nickarnold2000
12-08-2009, 05:53 AM
So, as a main string, how many lbs would you guys increase tension going from BC mains to Turbo twist mains?

bad_call
12-08-2009, 12:24 PM
bump for nickarnold.

ClubHoUno - could u post what tension u string BC?

SplitStepper
12-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Okay, I just bought a reel of this stuff. I have been using weiss cannon match power for about 8 months. Before that I used topspin polypolar. I never string above 40lbs. I have a sensitive arm and require extreme comfort. Of course, if I go all natural gut, I lose total control. Here lately I've been with match power and global gut 35/37. Plays and feels amazing. With all the hoopla about this turbo twist, I thought it would be for me. First, I tried it in a full set up at 35lbs. WAY TO STIFF. Then I tried 35/37 with global gut. Still incredibly stiff. I just taught about 3 hours today and will need some massage to ease the pain. Long story short, this string is not as soft as people are suggesting. Of course, this is simply my perspective. Maybe at higher tensions it actually plays softer than other polys but below 40, it is very uncomfortable. Kinda bummed I bought a reel. I guess I can use it for my students who can handle it.

nickarnold2000
12-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Does anybody else out there have any court time with this string??

ClubHoUno
12-09-2009, 07:07 AM
I strung TurboTwist @ 25 kg mains in a hybrid with Xcel power crosses @ 27 kg

I strung TurboTwist @ 24 kg mains in a hybrid with Hyperion crosses@ 25 kg

I strung BlackCode mains @ 25 kg in a hybrid with Xcel power crosses @ 27 kg.

I strung BlackCode crosses @ 25 kg in a hybrid with Tornado mains @ 24 kg

I liked the way they performed at those tensions.

Hope this can help you :)

ClubHoUno
12-09-2009, 07:08 AM
So, as a main string, how many lbs would you guys increase tension going from BC mains to Turbo twist mains?

Maybe up the tension by 1-2 lbs, maybe keep it the same.

nickarnold2000
12-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Maybe up the tension by 1-2 lbs, maybe keep it the same.
Yes, it helps a lot - thanks for the input:)

jazzyfunkybluesy
12-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Look at the reviews on Stringforum they are all very good. String as tight as a mulitfilament.