PDA

View Full Version : Show me the green!

Klaus
12-07-2009, 08:08 AM
I played in our club tournament this weekend (3.5) and won. It was not easy, especially with the final opponent:

Me: "Out."
Him: (Walking over to where the ball went out.) "That was NOT out. SHOW ME THE GREEN!"
Me: What?
Him: "If it was out, SHOW ME THE GREEN. (Pointing to tennis ball fuzz on the court.) "The ball leaves fuzz wherever it lands. If you can show me the green, I might reconsider."
Me: I am not required to show you any green. It's my call and the ball landed out. (walking back to service position, as he spins on his heel and prissily returns to receive.)

He made some very bad calls, which people in the gallery later confirmed to me. ("Those two balls were on the line, not out at all.")

He also did not know the difference between the Ad and Deuce sides of the court, serving Ad-out on the Deuce before being corrected.

What a surprise, when I was leading in the third set 5-2 (30-Love in game 8), he gets a "cramp" and retires. He literally fell to the ground clutching his leg after going for a deep winner. Didn't Serena pull this at one time?

Jesus Christ on a crutch, where do these people come from?

ilikepigs
12-07-2009, 10:00 AM
I wasn't going to post a reply, but then I read the part about the cramping. Those sure hurt! They happen to me when I serve. As I jump up, I hit a nice serve, my right calf cramps, my racket flies out of my hand, and I land of my knees. Then I can't play for 2 week! Lol!