PDA

View Full Version : The ONE person Bumped in 5.5

ttbrowne
12-07-2009, 05:53 PM
We were talking around the club to day about the ONE person who was bumped in 5.5 USTA. Speculating on how he got bumped, how old he was, obviously winning all of his matches, what he's going to do now...try futures or what?

JavierLW
12-07-2009, 05:56 PM
We were talking around the club to day about the ONE person who was bumped in 5.5 USTA. Speculating on how he got bumped, how old he was, obviously winning all of his matches, what he's going to do now...try futures or what?

There is a LOT more tennis then just league tennis.....

Which is obvious because there are a LOT more 5.0's then happen to play league tennis.

He can probably just play Open level tournaments. In a lot of areas it's not like they are all 6.0 or better anyway.

jserve
12-07-2009, 09:24 PM
He is a good friend of mine. He got bumped up because he is friends with a former pro players and they teamed up for all the money tournaments around the PNW. He isn't very happy about his new rating, since now there aren't any local leagues he can play in. At least last year he could play 10.0 mixed.

Cindysphinx
12-08-2009, 04:59 AM
He can still play 10.0 mixed, right? Just gotta find a 4.5 woman.

nocab
12-08-2009, 07:06 AM
He can still play 10.0 mixed, right? Just gotta find a 4.5 woman.

6.0 + 4.5 = 10.5!

burosky
12-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Such is the curse of being good! I'm so glad I'm not cursed. :-)

JavierLW
12-08-2009, 02:09 PM
He is a good friend of mine. He got bumped up because he is friends with a former pro players and they teamed up for all the money tournaments around the PNW. He isn't very happy about his new rating, since now there aren't any local leagues he can play in. At least last year he could play 10.0 mixed.

They should bring back the open level league then.

I know it may not seem fair, but if you start letting people that are not 5.5 play in the 5.5 league, then why even bother to have a 5.5 league?, just call it open level.....

Cindysphinx
12-08-2009, 02:16 PM
6.0 + 4.5 = 10.5!

Oh, I see. I thought you were saying he was bumped *to* 5.5. Never mind.

mutantducky
12-08-2009, 02:47 PM
I agree. 5.5 and higher should be Open. The 5.5 players I know would be happy to play with 6.0 guys and no way would they complain.

onehandbh
12-08-2009, 02:53 PM

Sorry to hijack the thread. just noticed you're in bellevue. I'll be up there
from dec 25 - jan2. Want to meet up for some tennis?

jserve
12-08-2009, 03:20 PM
They should bring back the open level league then.

I know it may not seem fair, but if you start letting people that are not 5.5 play in the 5.5 league, then why even bother to have a 5.5 league?, just call it open level.....

He actually did play in some sort of an open league, but they were the only team around here so they went straight to Vegas which I think was nationals w/o playing any matches.

Sorry to hijack the thread. just noticed you're in bellevue. I'll be up there
from dec 25 - jan2. Want to meet up for some tennis?

I will actually be visiting family in OH at that time. Sorry.

JavierLW
12-08-2009, 05:03 PM
He actually did play in some sort of an open league, but they were the only team around here so they went straight to Vegas which I think was nationals w/o playing any matches.

Well if you include the 5.5 players to any open level players interested in playing league play, that will be less likely to happen.

If you REALLY wanted to go nuts you could axe 5.0 as well. I think in some areas that would mean they'd never win an open level nationally, but in some other areas it wouldnt be a huge deal.

Around here when they run a Open tournament or a age based tournament it's full of 4.0 and 4.5 players with the occasional 5.0 or better player, real open level players dont even bother.