PDA

View Full Version : PolyStar Classic - A solid string

Spyre
12-07-2009, 08:44 PM
So I made the switch from PHT to PolyStar Classic and was impressed with how good of an all around poly it was! Having used PHT for a long time, I was skeptical at first, but since hitting my first ball, I haven't looked back. The Classic is a rather soft poly, has pretty decent ball pocketing, and has a lot of power. The control was average, but made up for it with good touch. A lot of spin came naturally, I felt my hits had a tad more kick to them. The great thing about it is that the price is extremely cheap. I felt this string is sort of a hidden gem, as it is not sold on TW, and is not talked about often on TT, but I feel it's a string many people should try.

-Spyre

volleynets
12-07-2009, 08:50 PM
So I made the switch from PHT to PolyStar Classic and was impressed with how good of an all around poly it was! Having used PHT for a long time, I was skeptical at first, but since hitting my first ball, I haven't looked back. The Classic is a rather soft poly, has pretty decent ball pocketing, and has a lot of power. The control was average, but made up for it with good touch. A lot of spin came naturally, I felt my hits had a tad more kick to them. The great thing about it is that the price is extremely cheap. I felt this string is sort of a hidden gem, as it is not sold on TW, and is not talked about often TT, but I feel it's a string many people should try.

-Spyre

IS this the string Davydenko uses?

lilxjohnyy
12-07-2009, 09:10 PM
i believe davydenko uses polystar energy...

Spyre
12-07-2009, 09:12 PM
i believe davydenko uses polystar energy...

Davydenko does indeed play with Energy.

If you want more info..

email me using the email to the left of the screen.

-Spyre

BigT
12-09-2009, 01:15 PM
IS this the string Davydenko uses?

Dayvdenko generally uses Polystar Energy 1.30mm, although depending on surface and opponent, he changes to 1.25mm. Earlier this year however, his brother Eduard did make a request for PolyStar Classic as well, also in 1.25 and 1.30mm. His brother is very methodical about his gear and is known as an 'equipment guru' by stringers on the tour.

nCode747
12-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Where can you get this stuff?

NickC
12-09-2009, 01:31 PM
I can't vouch for PolyStar Classic, but my boy just strung up my frames last weekend with PolyStar Energy and I am mighty impressed. Absolute quality.

Spyre
12-09-2009, 04:03 PM

Contact me via the email and I can provide you with some information.

Spyre

BigT
12-20-2009, 04:05 PM
In about a month, Classic will be available in 1.10mm and production will be very limited.

BigT
01-14-2010, 11:01 PM
Classic is now available in 1.10mm.

T10s747
01-28-2010, 09:18 PM

Dude, have you ever used Google?

BigT
01-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Wow...look who the wind blew in...

Dez
01-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Dayvdenko generally uses Polystar Energy 1.30mm, although depending on surface and opponent, he changes to 1.25mm. Earlier this year however, his brother Eduard did make a request for PolyStar Classic as well, also in 1.25 and 1.30mm. His brother is very methodical about his gear and is known as an 'equipment guru' by stringers on the tour.

What are the differences between these two strings?
Which is softer?
Holds tension better?

How would they compare to ProSupex Big Ace? (My go to Poly at this point in time)

Thanks

Tennis_Stringman
01-30-2010, 09:45 AM
What are the differences between these two strings?
Which is softer?
Holds tension better?

How would they compare to ProSupex Big Ace? (My go to Poly at this point in time)

Thanks

Energy holds tension better and is crispier. Classic is softer, old school, 1st generation.

THESEXPISTOL
01-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Classic is a very good string, but polystar energy 1.25 is just another level IMO.

BigT
02-16-2010, 09:30 PM
More than a few players have tried the sample pack and have come back wanting Classic. It's all individual prefs.

mars76
06-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Hi BigT,

Could you please let me know the following details.

Is Poly Star Classic a first generation Poly ?? Is it a co-poly ??

Also how about PolyStar Profile.

How stiff are these Strings. I mean are they hard on the arm/elbow.

Thanks

BigT
06-19-2012, 10:51 PM
Classic is a 1st gen. poly. It is not as harsh as others like Polylon, for example.
Profile is on the softer end, but not as soft as Energy.

red rook
06-20-2012, 07:26 AM
I tried Classic and its nearly as good as Energy. Strings started moving and losing tension really early and just felt cheap or something. The dollar difference to upgrade to Energy to me was worth it.

mars76
06-20-2012, 08:14 AM
Could some one please post the Stiffness ratings of the following String.

Poly Star Profile 1.25mm

I searched the RSI Magazines and couldn't find any info.

If some one needs info on PolyStar Classic here are the ratings.

================================================== =======
String Material Guage Stiffness(lb/in) Tension Loss(lbs)
Classic 17 Polyester 1.22 232 22.23
Classic 16 Polyester 1.28 235 22.14

Thanks