PDA

View Full Version : US clay court championship pics

esrb
04-20-2005, 05:47 AM
I dunno if this is already linked...
Anyway, here´s the link: http://www.tennisserver.com/claycourt2005/agassicourier.html
The american couple, lost their match with my peruvian friend Luis Horna. He plays with Babolat PC+ and a lot of Lead Tape at 3&9.
Regards, Kiké

Shaolin
04-20-2005, 06:44 AM
Ugh. I dont know whats nastier, Barbara Bush or Courier's backhand.

Horna uses the PC+? I thought it was the stadard PC.

Thanx for the pics...

ty slothrop
04-20-2005, 07:55 AM
[QUOTE=Shaolin]Ugh. I dont know whats nastier, Barbara Bush or Courier's backhand.QUOTE]

LOL, definitely the former. it's funny as hell to me how agassi, who has always been somewhat of an open democrat - and without prompting came out publicly against her son last fall - is fawned upon by bush pere and mere. what a brood

35ft6
04-20-2005, 09:05 AM
Who's the hottie sitting next to Mr. Barbara Bush?

So does anybody here think Garcia/Horna can win the Grand Slam in doubles? I sure do. I just have this crazy hunch...

Jill
04-20-2005, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the link! :)

esrb
04-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Who's the hottie sitting next to Mr. Barbara Bush?

So does anybody here think Garcia/Horna can win the Grand Slam in doubles? I sure do. I just have this crazy hunch...

As soon as Horna fix his mental strenght, sure can do....

Haka Boy
04-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Yes thanks for the link esrb.

goober
04-20-2005, 08:10 PM
heh- the whole time I thought this tourney was on the American Green Clay

Andy Hewitt
04-20-2005, 08:31 PM
heh- the whole time I thought this tourney was on the American Green Clay
Pfft u must not have watched the U.S. Open last year where they like totally ONLY EXPLAINED that they are made from imported European Clay! Like GOD!

goober
04-20-2005, 08:39 PM
btw how does the american stuff differ from the Euro Red Clay to play on? Is the red clay even slower? I kind of like playing on the Green stuff but there aren't that many clay courts around here.

Jill
04-21-2005, 06:44 AM
btw how does the american stuff differ from the Euro Red Clay to play on? Is the red clay even slower? I kind of like playing on the Green stuff but there aren't that many clay courts around here.Yes, much slower from what I understand. I also think it's more sandy and more like a hardcourt with a layer of the clay on top. That's what I've heard.

esrb
04-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Yes, much slower from what I understand. I also think it's more sandy and more like a hardcourt with a layer of the clay on top. That's what I've heard.

Indeed, in Peru, 95% of tennis courts are on red clay surface. The American clay (green or kinda blue) are a lot more slippery and sandy with an awful gravel. Red clay has to be treated and watered (sprayed) every set. The speed depends on the quality of the red clay, but definetly is a little slower than synthetic clay (the one i play in Flamigo Park / Miami Beach).
The condition of the court changes during the set, because the clay gets dryer...we have to deal with it.... :D

Thanks....and hope this help.