PDA

View Full Version : Wilson NXT vs. Wilson NXT Tour?

Hominator
12-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Hello all,

What's the difference between Wilson NXT and Wilson NXT Tour? I've played with the 17 gauge "regular" NXT and really like its softness, but am intrigued by the 18 gauge tour. Thoughts?

Thanks.

jazzyfunkybluesy
12-08-2009, 05:49 PM
The NXT is softer and more powerful. The Tour is crisper and offers a bit more spin.

tlm
12-08-2009, 07:07 PM
The nxt tour 18 g. is one of the best multi strings out there.

Hominator
12-09-2009, 02:49 AM
The NXT is softer and more powerful. The Tour is crisper and offers a bit more spin.

I use NXT because I started to have elbow issues with polys. Do you think NXT Tour is crisp enough to start aggravating my arm again or is it still relatively soft like NXT? Thanks.

Valjean
12-09-2009, 10:18 AM
http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/issues/200809/200809allstrings.html

In my experience with it, NXT Tour 18 does in fact resemble the play of a standard synthetic gut such as POSG, as the above table I've linked to seems to say. I won't say "crisp" about this string, even, when to me it feels more like a *brittle* one and lacks sufficient touch in net play. Another comparison you can observe is with Wilson's NXT *Max* 16, the reinforced, frequent players' version of NXT. I wouldn't go there if I were faced with arm issues. Gosen's OG Sheep Micro 18 is more flexible too, but in your stead I'd likely pick up Alpha Gut 2000 18.

jazzyfunkybluesy
12-11-2009, 10:23 AM
I use NXT because I started to have elbow issues with polys. Do you think NXT Tour is crisp enough to start aggravating my arm again or is it still relatively soft like NXT? Thanks.

No it shouldnt aggravate your arm. Of course the ultimate in softness is natural gut.