PDA

View Full Version : Genesis Black Magic vs. Spin X

Big Server
12-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Been using Cyber Blue and Cyberflash. Like the Cyberflash better in that it allows me to string looser in my APDC or Kzen MP. The Cyber Blue is so soft that I have to string it higher or it's too mushy. Doing Cyberflash @ 48 lbs. and Cyber Blue @ 51 lbs.
Between the Black Magic and Spin X which one would feel and string up closer to the Cyberflash? Ready to order a reel before the company I am ordering from closes for a week beginning next Monday.

lawlitssoo1n
12-09-2009, 10:46 AM
spin x would be closer to cyberflash in terms of stiffness

Big Server
12-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the tip. I actually just ordered a reel of the new Topspin Cyber Red instead as I needed some string for this weekend. I am guessing that I will string it a bit lower than I have Cyber Flash.

gflyer
12-09-2009, 12:37 PM
I've been using CF 1.25 for a long time.
Spin-X to me is similar, just a little softer.
I used to string CF at 52x50 and kept the same tension for Spin-X.
Great strings, both of them.

gflyer
12-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the tip. I actually just ordered a reel of the new Topspin Cyber Red instead as I needed some string for this weekend. I am guessing that I will string it a bit lower than I have Cyber Flash.

I tried Cyber Black (which is almost identical to Cyber Red).
I'd string it a little higher than CF. I feels quite softer and might give you the feel of less control if you string at the same tension of CF.
my 2c

steve728
12-09-2009, 02:39 PM
I tried Cyber Black (which is almost identical to Cyber Red).
I'd string it a little higher than CF. I feels quite softer and might give you the feel of less control if you string at the same tension of CF.
my 2c

I agree just based on my impressions between Cyber Black and Genesis Black Magic. I have them strung at the same tension (54lbs), and Cyber Black feels a tad softer and less crisp --- which translates to a nice plush feel but with the feeling of less control.