PDA

View Full Version : Pro Supex Big Ace vs Topspin Cyber Blue vs Topspin Concept Pure

Skabeast121
12-09-2009, 08:52 PM
I was wondering if anyone has played at least 2 of these strings, and compare them in terms of power, comfort, and spin.

jazzyfunkybluesy
12-10-2009, 06:37 AM
I vote for Big Ace Micro my string of choice. Excels in every category. I have played a reel of Cyber Blue 1.20. Its soft and powerful. Spin potential is very low. Gotta have good spin. Thats one of the best attributes of a poly.

Skabeast121
12-10-2009, 06:52 AM
is Big Ace still pretty soft compared to Cyber Blue? I'm not necessarily looking for a traditional luxilonesque poly either I'm trying to find a replacement string now that Laserfibre SuperNatural Gut Prostock is not being made anymore. I'm looking for a soft poly that kinda plays like a multi.

lawlitssoo1n
12-10-2009, 07:47 AM
topspin concept pure is my string choice. a very good blend/balance of everything, soft but not too soft(just right for my liking), spin, power, control everything is balanced perfectly. i recently, just got 2 reels of cyber red and i'm looking to try that out

jazzyfunkybluesy
12-10-2009, 08:11 AM
is Big Ace still pretty soft compared to Cyber Blue? I'm not necessarily looking for a traditional luxilonesque poly either I'm trying to find a replacement string now that Laserfibre SuperNatural Gut Prostock is not being made anymore. I'm looking for a soft poly that kinda plays like a multi.

Yes they are both very soft. If you want more power go with the CB If you want more control and spin get the Big Ace Micro its a 1.15 profile. Not sure about the pure string.

jcstennis
12-10-2009, 08:46 AM
i have played them all and i have customers that use each one.

I played BA a couple of years back and found that each size plays different and have different feels. Which is a good thing... and I'm sure others will chime in later with their favorites... but overall, BA is a very good product at a good price point (not as good as a few years ago unfortunately). For what it's worth i string for a DIVIII men's team and some use BA. They've tried everything from Lux, Gamma, Babolat you name it and for now BA 1.22 works great for them. They like the feel and the amount of play time they get vs other strings. The 1.22 red plays a touch softer and more of a powerful feeling than the 1.25 and up. The micro and also the 1.17 have a nice feel.

Cyber Blue (Cyber Power) i find with the thinner gauges tends to literally flatten out. the string after some heavy play will be flat in areas. Besides that, it's not as stiff as Cyber Flash and has good pop to it. A nice string to hybrid with. A good co-poly. Does not bite as well as BA but is more comfortable. I would lean towards BA for control and longevity vs Cyber Blue.

Concept Pure is my string of choice. Prior to CxPure i would only use Lux ALU Rough. As magical as ALUR is it does not last long. CxP has a very nice blend of feel (it actually has feel for a poly, almost like TCS) control, spin and a touch of power. I truly have had the same set in my main racquet now for months (play 2-3x a week) and it does not move and once it was broken in (in about 2 hrs) it stayed! No sign of fatigue at all with these strings. No fraying, marking, etc... it does all things well does not outshine one aspect over the other, a very harmonious co-poly. I use it as a full bed, it's soft enough and it responds well to any racquet style or size. This string i have always kept as my little secret... anyone who plays my racquet wants to know "what's in it?"

Now do any of these strings play or feel like a multi? no. TCS poly maybe with the right gauge, but i'm going way out to say that. I have ex poly users that like Tecnifibre's XR3. It's a strong multi with nice power and some grab.

Doc Hollidae
12-10-2009, 11:07 AM
I've played with all three. I've played the most with Big Ace 1.25 and Cyberblue/Big Hitter Blue 1.25 (I firmly believe they are the same string). Big Ace was my choice over Cyberflash at the time. It was a little softer and gave a little more pop. It's stiffer than CB or CP. While it's a great string, I consider CB and CP to be superior strings.

CB is one of the softest and most powerful polys out there. The comfort and feel for a poly is top notch. It's softer than Prince Syn Gut Duraflex imo. This has been my string of choice for the past year or so. CB doesn't provide the bite or spin of CP or BA since it's softer, but upping the tension by a few pounds helps. While great at the baseline, it really shines at the net. Out of the three strings, I also enjoy serving the most with CB. You can bomb some flat serves and kickers and slices have good action.

CP reminds me most of Pro Hurricane Tour minus the texture/shape. It has the same pop and feel PHT. It's softer than Big Ace, but stiffer than CB. If CB is too soft and powerful for you, give CP a go. It has better access to spin than CB, however it doesn't have the same level of comfort or pop. In the Topspin Cyber line, I would rate CP in between CF and CB in terms of stiffness and power. If you're looking for something with a little more comfort than CF, CP is the string to try. CP was great from the baseline and volleyed well. I liked serving and volleying much more with CB, but its still above average in those categories for a poly.

Skabeast121
12-10-2009, 08:30 PM
Have any of you played with the 16 gauge?

jcstennis
12-11-2009, 04:58 AM
16 gauge what?

McLovin
12-11-2009, 05:23 AM
I agree on the Concept Pure, although I've been using it as a cross w/ Natural Gut. I'm trying out Cyber Black, but honestly I think the Concept Pure has a bit more feel & spin.

I tried Cyber Blue last year (again, in a gut-main hybrid) and really didn't care for it.

Most of my customers are now asking for the Gut mains/ Concept Pure cross setup. Unlike many poly's it doesn't seem to go dead after 2 outings.

All of my Poly experience has been w/ a 17g (1.22 -> 1.24).

lawlitssoo1n
12-11-2009, 09:32 AM
I agree on the Concept Pure, although I've been using it as a cross w/ Natural Gut. I'm trying out Cyber Black, but honestly I think the Concept Pure has a bit more feel & spin.

I tried Cyber Blue last year (again, in a gut-main hybrid) and really didn't care for it.

Most of my customers are now asking for the Gut mains/ Concept Pure cross setup. Unlike many poly's it doesn't seem to go dead after 2 outings.

All of my Poly experience has been w/ a 17g (1.22 -> 1.24).

how's the cyber black compared to concept pure. i have reels of cyber red in my inventory, looking to test that out once it stops raining

McLovin
12-11-2009, 10:45 AM
I think Pure is a bit softer than the Black, which gives it that little bit more feel & spin.

For all I know, Cyber Black & Red could simply be Cyber Blue w/ a different dye. But I think I liked the Black better than Blue because it was a tad thinner.

Or maybe its all in my head...

PED
12-12-2009, 04:54 AM
Has anyone tried the Topspin Cybertwirl? I have a set that I've not used yet and was looking for guidance on tension.

After JCS and Mclovin's comments, I think I'm going to try some Concept Pure. I'm having some breakage issues lately so I'll give the 16g a shot. Thanks for the insight :)

rippatennis777
12-12-2009, 06:05 AM
Big Ace good all around string. In our club a lot players and pro's using these strings. But probably it is matter of opinion.

folsfolsfols
06-30-2010, 07:48 PM
some on here have said that big ace (1.22) plays identical to signum pro poly deluxe (1.22). some claim its the same string just different brands.

if thats the case then poly deluxe/Big ace play softer than cyber blue (formerly cyber power). both are on the soft side (for a poly) but cyber blue (cyber power) doesnt play nearly as soft poly deluxe/big ace 1.22)
when i strung the poly deluxe at 62 pounds at it still felt soft. when i strung cyber blue (cyber power) at 62 it felt quite stiff.
also, deluxe/big ace is definitely more powerful.
just my 2 cents