PDA

View Full Version : toronto community clubs!!!

tom-selleck
04-20-2005, 11:08 AM
can anyone vouch for how good the leaside, sir winston churchill, beaches, high park are??............ any others welcome!

i hear davisville is good for playing doubles and moore park is good for getting courts and relaxed environment, but a little work to get a game.

i often find that people moderately better than me are in organized leagues and seems very doubles oriented.... i much, much prefer singles but i seem somewhat unique in that aspect.

04-20-2005, 12:31 PM
Davisville is 100% doubles between 6:30 and 8:30 every weekday evening, and often on weekends between noon and 4 pm. Easy to get a game because when you join you get 'rated' by the pro and you use your rating to tag up for play with similarly-rated members. good lights + freshly resurfaced ATP purple hard courts

Marius_Hancu
04-20-2005, 06:03 PM
I played once at the Trinity tennis club, just beside St. Hilda's College of the University of Toronto, thus ultra-central (close to Bloor -St George subway)

4 courts, good level.

Not sure what the membership might be now.

montx
05-06-2005, 01:53 PM
I might be in Toronto also this summer, would like to see what it is like. maybe a hit around anyone?

TheViking
05-06-2005, 08:15 PM
tom-selleck..

I play at winston churchill and find the mix pretty good. Most evenings it's possible to get singles play, which I prefer as well.

montx and tom-selleck...

I'd be happy to hit with either of you, always looking for someone new to kick my butt ;)

montx
05-06-2005, 11:44 PM
sounds great theviking, i'd like to see how it goes...

tom-selleck
05-12-2005, 06:26 AM
tom-selleck..

I play at winston churchill and find the mix pretty good. Most evenings it's possible to get singles play, which I prefer as well.

montx and tom-selleck...

I'd be happy to hit with either of you, always looking for someone new to kick my butt ;)

viking.... i would love to play and maybe even join winston churchill this year (although i might be away alot this summer, so might not be worthwhile) ..... but i have a hamstring injury right now, i'm thinking a week more for full healing.

look forward to hitting with you in the near future.

eric
05-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Rosedale tennis club is unquestionably the bomb!!!

TheViking
05-13-2005, 09:27 PM
tom,

feel free to drop me an email at my nick at rogers.com when you are ready to get out there.

eric,

you don't mean the courts in the park across from the subway station, do you?

tom-selleck
05-14-2005, 05:31 AM
rosedale tennis club is not close to the subway, east across mount pleasant a little south of the major railway tracks, although to get to it is round-about with the streets.

very nice park, very nice courts.... but NO LIGHTS!!! huge problem for me.

tom-selleck
05-18-2005, 06:29 PM
viking i'm ready to hit/play.... i will try to shoot you an email tomorrow... what rating are you??? i'm either a high 3.5 or a low-medium 4.0... if i could cut my double faults back, i think i'd almost be a solid 4.0, but we can compare ratings at clubs.

TheViking
05-21-2005, 04:37 PM
tom, sounds like we are about the same rating, in my case though I have to figure out how to direct my first serve more and make my second less of a liability.... I look forward to hitting with you :)

tom-selleck
05-24-2005, 08:26 AM
the viking, i sent you an email today (tuesday) regarding getting out and hitting sometime soon.

tom-selleck
06-14-2005, 06:19 PM
viking, thanks for hosting me at SWC... i am now back in town and will be joining SWC in next few days.... looking forward to it.

curious also from anyone what the tennis scene is like at the beaches (kew gardens??) club and at the high park club (these are both in toronto even though they are both LONDON NAMES) ... not that i need yet another community club membership, but you never know and the settings are so nice.