PDA

View Full Version : awkward tennis class

dct5
04-20-2005, 12:50 PM
I have a regular doubles group I play with. We met taking a city tennis class, then started playing doubles for a couple of hours 2 times a week, religously. I have a co-worker that I've played sort of regularly with once a week after work. I kept saying, 'You should sign up for a class, it'll be fun!' and she did. And so did my doubles group and myself.

I feel bad 'cause I take a court with them, and that leaves her with the 'beginner' group to hit with.Should I say something? What? Say nothing? Should I leave it to the coach to move her over? (It's supposed to be an 'intermediate' class, but a couple of the ones she ends up hitting with rarely manage the ball in the court.)

ack.

Camilio Pascual
04-21-2005, 06:33 AM
And so did my doubles group and myself.

That pretty much sums up the ambivalency and indefiniteness right there. Is the doubles group 4 individuals participating in the class or is it a group participating in the class that contains 4 individuals? If the latter, you have previous obligations to them which should be honoured. If not, what's keeping you from swapping places? It sounds like you have made a minor social faux pas by not looking ahead. Maybe the best thing to do is to hit some balls independently of this event with her if you need to stick with the group.
Anyway, that's what I think Ann Landers would say.

Superior_Forehand
04-21-2005, 02:38 PM
I dont know about others, but I had trouble understanding the original post.