i accidentally downloaded a virus from the tennis.com virus

i started getting pop ups and random programs running

i ran avg and it got 2 viruses away

then i rain malwarebytes

it cant find anything so am i okay now?

and whats the status on the tennis,cm birus

ogruskie
12-10-2009, 09:46 PM
I suggest getting Webroot Anti Spyware. Never fails.

Lindros13
12-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Crazy pop ups happened to me too on the same tennis.com site. I got a bit paranoid and couldn't get the pop ups to stop so quickly I shut down the computer by holding down the power button. All was fine after rebooting. Did you reboot yet?? P.S. ^^^I actually have Webroot SpySweeper on my computers so maybe that helped. But I still felt as if I was under attack at the time...

burosky
12-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Next time those pop ups keep coming you don't need to reboot. Just disconnect your network connection. Typically, that will stop the pop ups because it will prevent sites from referring to the next site. After it stops you can then go to task manager to "end task" iexplore or whatever browser you are using or manually close each instance of your browser. This may not be a virus. Nevertheless, run your virus and malware software just to be safe.

forthegame
12-16-2009, 09:37 AM
I thought it was just me!!!
There's something dodgy about tennis.com at the moment, sometimes it takes you through to websites that try and trick you into downloading a possibly virus laden "antivirus".
Is there anyway to alert the site owners? It's happened twice to me (in the last few weeks) but I just shutdown and ran the microsoft antivirus without any detections.