PDA

View Full Version : Need advice re: Cyber Blue and Cyber Flash

Connors
12-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Have these strings and want to put them in my Pure Drive GT. What's the best hybrid set-up? The Cyber Flash 17 is the co-polyester/monofilament and the Cyber Blue is pure polyester.

Which one on mains and which on crosses? Any suggestions regarding tension? Thanks.

ckhirnigs113
01-17-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm also interested in this hybrid setup. Any advice on which to put in the mains and which in the crosses? What about tensions? I've read people generally string Cyber Flash lower than Cyber Blue. BTW, I play with a Prince O3 Speedport Tour. Thanks, CK

COPEY
01-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Have these strings and want to put them in my Pure Drive GT. What's the best hybrid set-up? The Cyber Flash 17 is the co-polyester/monofilament and the Cyber Blue is pure polyester.

Which one on mains and which on crosses? Any suggestions regarding tension? Thanks.

The thing is there is no "best hybrid setup". It comes down to what you prefer. I have three identical racquets, so it's easy to compare strings side-by-side. For me the problem with expermenting with strings using one racquet is you kind of forget what the previous setup was like; what characteristics impressed you, what you didn't like, etc.

The good news is that both strings are good in my opinion, with the Flash being a little stiffer, so that may be a good choice for the mains. Since you're experimenting, go with a middle of the road tension at 54/56.

BigT
01-18-2010, 07:20 PM
If you like a stiffer bed, go with CF mains. Softer, CB mains.

aimr75
01-18-2010, 07:25 PM
ive tried this hybrid with the CF in the mains, CB in the crosses.. felt ok but nothing to write home about..

downs_chris
01-18-2010, 08:01 PM
i actually love a full bed cyberflash 1.20 mm -- but it's kind of stiff (which i like)...but in that stiff pure drive racquet -- it could cause some joint pain...