PDA

View Full Version : is my calibrator wrong?

i suck at tennis
12-11-2009, 01:03 PM
How likely is it for a calibrator to be messed up?? I just got my tension head back from a servicing and I put it on and pulled tension with an Ektelon calibrator and it is saying that the actual pull is 5 lbs less than what I have the setting on.

KarelPelc
12-11-2009, 02:23 PM
I use UltraSport 50 as a main calibrator and have a mechanical spring action one as a back up when the batteries go dead in the UltraSport 50. When the mechanical one purchased as new, it was off by 4.5 lbs.
You can find how much it's off by hanging weight plates from it (from your local gym). Then, you can adjust it internally by preloading its spring. After you remove one of the round face plates, you'll understand how it works.
Good luck and try not to hurt yourself with the plates. It's not the safest method, it's just easily available.
KP

InsideOut94
12-11-2009, 03:28 PM
How likely is it for a calibrator to be messed up?? I just got my tension head back from a servicing and I put it on and pulled tension with an Ektelon calibrator and it is saying that the actual pull is 5 lbs less than what I have the setting on.

You sure your calibrator isnt bad? Are you double pulling the strings as well?

i suck at tennis
12-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the advice Karel... i attached a dumbbell and it was the calibrator that was off. Cant believe I didnt think of that myself!!