PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on tensions in a Kevlar setup on a Rad OS?

meowmix
12-11-2009, 01:40 PM
A friend gave me his LM Rad OS to string. It was originally strung with Isospeed Baseline 16, strung about a year and a half back. He finally broke a cross on a shank. The string bed's pretty tight, so I'd guess we're talking about 60 pounds full poly. The friend says that he doesn't know strings or rackets, and can't tell the difference between two strings.

My string inventory's low as heck right now, so I'm thinking that a kevlar hybrid would be a good choice for him since he doesn't restring. He's a very hard hitter too...

What tension would you recomend for the kevlar/syn gut hybrid in this LM Rad OS?

Lakers4Life
12-11-2009, 01:57 PM
One of my friends I string for has a LM Flexpoint 10. He uses Prince Problend w/Duraflex 16; Kevlar with PSGD. I string it to 60lbs, but it's a much larger head than a LM Rad OS.

jazzyfunkybluesy
12-11-2009, 06:34 PM
60 sounds good. I hope he doesn't have arm trouble. That Prince kevlar is the harshest string on the market.

HitItHarder
12-14-2009, 07:45 AM
A friend gave me his LM Rad OS to string. It was originally strung with Isospeed Baseline 16, strung about a year and a half back. He finally broke a cross on a shank. The string bed's pretty tight, so I'd guess we're talking about 60 pounds full poly. The friend says that he doesn't know strings or rackets, and can't tell the difference between two strings.

My string inventory's low as heck right now, so I'm thinking that a kevlar hybrid would be a good choice for him since he doesn't restring. He's a very hard hitter too...

What tension would you recomend for the kevlar/syn gut hybrid in this LM Rad OS?

I tried out a Head kevlar hybrid called FXP blend which is Kevlar mains and FXP Power in the crosses.

I strung up one of my MG Rad OS sticks at 57lbs (which is the midpoint for my racquet) and it had a good dead feel without being too stiff. Durability was good, but tension loss on the cross started to bug me about 15 hrs in. I have a couple more kevlar sets, so I plan to string the crosses a couple pounds higher next time to see if it helps with the tension loss.

meowmix
12-14-2009, 02:06 PM
I ended up doing 52/57 for the guy. He'll tell me Thursday how it plays.