PDA

View Full Version : Flash vid cams

12-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Anything new, good and inexpensive this year, that would be suitable for vids for tennis strokes?
HD doesn't necessarily mean good shutter speed does it?

USERNAME
12-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Anything new, good and inexpensive this year, that would be suitable for vids for tennis strokes?
HD doesn't necessarily mean good shutter speed does it?

The Flip cams for the price are (IMO) the very best. Still not close to being better then an hd camcorder but very good. They also have a tripod mount which is a must.

autumn_leaf
12-11-2009, 05:51 PM
i've been researching this lately and the one i'm thinking about is the casio exilim fc100. runs anywhere from 200-300 in the US

12-11-2009, 06:29 PM
The Flip cams for the price are (IMO) the very best. Still not close to being better then an hd camcorder but very good. They also have a tripod mount which is a must.

Flip cam- is that the name of it?

leafscat
12-12-2009, 08:13 AM
Flip cam- is that the name of it?

Yes the name of the company is Flip. Their website is www.theflip.com. My wife purchased the Flip Ultra HD from Costco for $149 (included HDMI cable) best deal I've seen so far. There is a Flip Mino that is slightly thinner. For my wife though the Ultra works great for what it is. There is no real zoom (2x digital). But for point and shoot it doesn't get any better in terms of ease of use and picture quality. It is also extremely easy (almost fool proof) to transfer or e-mail the video. She can quickly e-mail video clips to her playing partners so they can all critique (joke about) their play.

12-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Yes the name of the company is Flip. Their website is www.theflip.com. My wife purchased the Flip Ultra HD from Costco for $149 (included HDMI cable) best deal I've seen so far. There is a Flip Mino that is slightly thinner. For my wife though the Ultra works great for what it is. There is no real zoom (2x digital). But for point and shoot it doesn't get any better in terms of ease of use and picture quality. It is also extremely easy (almost fool proof) to transfer or e-mail the video. She can quickly e-mail video clips to her playing partners so they can all critique (joke about) their play.

That is one on the models I was looking at and wanted to make sure it was the same as you were mentioning.
thanks for the advice!

wihamilton
12-12-2009, 12:55 PM
i've been researching this lately and the one i'm thinking about is the casio exilim fc100. runs anywhere from 200-300 in the US

Casio EX FH 20 is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

We filmed this video w/it --

(Fed hitting in slow motion) -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ImeQaAyFPc

You can check it out here ($400) --

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=casio+ex+fh+20&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

I'd recommend you get a cheap tripod or monopod w/it. We used a monopod to film Fed / others. Really helps to stabilize the video.

Hominator
12-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Wow. Thanks for the info on the Flip Ultra HD. Just ordered it from Amazon for $149 w/2 free accessories! This is why I love TT. Thanks again for the info.

12-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Casio EX FH 20 is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

We filmed this video w/it --

(Fed hitting in slow motion) -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ImeQaAyFPc

You can check it out here ($400) --

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=casio+ex+fh+20&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

I'd recommend you get a cheap tripod or monopod w/it. We used a monopod to film Fed / others. Really helps to stabilize the video.

thanks Will,
do I understand you are saying it is MONEY,
just like FYB!

wihamilton
12-12-2009, 01:55 PM
thanks Will,
do I understand you are saying it is MONEY,
just like FYB!

Thanks!

Hah, ya. The camera is money.

J011yroger
12-12-2009, 06:23 PM
5263, my camera is the FH20. Love it.

Will if you want my video of Delpo practicing from the USO you can use it.

I have a bunch of pics and video.

J

Rambler124
12-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Thanks!

Hah, ya. The camera is money.

Its money? Does that mean its good? Or expensive? Or both? .......

ok fine I'm joking...

12-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Its money? Does that mean its good? Or expensive? Or both? .......

ok fine I'm joking...

I think it is short for "money in the bank",
meaning you can count on it
like a MTM Fh.

12-12-2009, 07:14 PM

J

FH20 eh, cause that was very good vid you posted.
Same as Will's right?

guedoguedo
12-12-2009, 07:30 PM
I just got a flip ultra hd and posted 2 videos from it on the below thread, im very impressed...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=301881

12-12-2009, 08:20 PM
I just got a flip ultra hd and posted 2 videos from it on the below thread, im very impressed...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=301881

yes, nice vids and good hitting by the way!

wihamilton
12-12-2009, 09:58 PM

J

Hey JR. Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, I can't take you up on it. We can only use footage if the tournament / media peeps signs off on it beforehand. We didn't have credentials @ the USO so we're basically iced on any media from the tournament.

wihamilton
12-12-2009, 10:00 PM
like a MTM Fh.

First time I heard it was in the movie Swingers -- "You're so money and you don't even know it." Classic Vince Vaughn.

12-13-2009, 06:09 AM
First time I heard it was in the movie Swingers -- "You're so money and you don't even know it." Classic Vince Vaughn.

Vince Vaughn, definitely one of my all time favs!
Swingers was a hoot.

Rambler124
12-13-2009, 07:56 AM
like a MTM Fh.

I was kidding! :)