PDA

View Full Version : finding mixed partners for southeastern tournaments?

drop volley
12-11-2009, 10:05 PM
What advice if any would you readers share for those of us seeking:

a) tournaments in southeastern US for both men's and
mixed doubles and b) partners with whom to play competitively in those tournaments?

Here in TN, mixed doubles is not big, and so finding a strong partner or a good tournament is rare.

Combing through a simple USTA calendar helps with a) but not b) finding competitive partners with whom to play.........

TIA and Happy Holidays!

mntlblok
12-31-2009, 10:04 AM
I don't go out of my way to play mixed :mrgreen:, but I've had pretty good success, at times, emailing the tournament director and begging for a *good* partner. It probably helps if you can give them a reason for your being deserving of such a partner. :) It also seems to help if you can convince them that you might be a fun sort of person to hang out with. :) Use lots of smiley faces in yer email. :grin:

Kevin

What advice if any would you readers share for those of us seeking:

a) tournaments in southeastern US for both men's and
mixed doubles and b) partners with whom to play competitively in those tournaments?

Here in TN, mixed doubles is not big, and so finding a strong partner or a good tournament is rare.

Combing through a simple USTA calendar helps with a) but not b) finding competitive partners with whom to play.........

TIA and Happy Holidays!

J011yroger
12-31-2009, 10:34 AM
Do you have 9.0 and 10.0 mixed teams?

Go watch ladies 5.0 matches and hang around, (try not to look like a stalker lol)

Also great to grab a DI kid when they are home on break.

If you are friends with any teaching pros at bigger clubs, ask them for an opinion.

J