PDA

View Full Version : what is the best brand of strings?

xsmasher
12-11-2009, 11:09 PM
I am a 3.5 player and i dont have lot of experience in strings and stringing. i want to change my strings and i am not sure for what brand to go. please help, am waiting for your opinions.

Valjean
12-12-2009, 03:54 AM
Please help us with why you want to do so, what you had been using, where you like to play from on court, whether you have any wrist/arm/shoulder problems, and what racquet you currently use; strings can differ and so we want to suggest what best fulfills your need.

Frequently all someone such as yourself might need is a fresh string job, too.

An', here is something to start you off: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/StringReference.html

schap02
12-12-2009, 05:02 AM
Please help us with why you want to do so, what you had been using, where you like to play from on court, whether you have any wrist/arm/shoulder problems, and what racquet you currently use; strings can differ and so we want to suggest what best fulfills your need.

An', here is something to start you off: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/StringReference.html

Couldn't have said it any better.

Racquet, string pattern, flat vs spin, arm problems, style of play, age, how often you break?

xsmasher
12-12-2009, 06:27 AM
i am using wilson ksix1 95 18x20, with reaction 16 string. i almost play from the baseline. but maybe you misunderstand me, because i wanted to ask about which brand is the best despite my play style, price and if it is poly,syn gut or natty gut.

smack that
12-12-2009, 06:28 AM
i am using wilson ksix1 95 18x20, with reaction 16 string. i almost play from the baseline. but maybe you misunderstand me, because i wanted to ask about which brand is the best despite my play style, price and if it is poly,syn gut or natty gut.

this is all opinion based

just go ad start testign strings

rippatennis777
12-12-2009, 07:02 AM

Wilson one of the best brands out there. Look no further...

stanfordtennis alum
12-12-2009, 07:11 AM
i personally think either babolat or tecnifibre is the best all-around string brand out there..

DennisK
12-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Brand is totally irrelevent. What is it that you want from a new string?

rjg007
12-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Brand is totally irrelevent. What is it that you want from a new string?

I agree that brand should be irrelevant, but some brands are better quality, i.e I would probably stay away from very cheap brands as I feel they are of lesser quality. But it is just a personal thing.
For me Babolat make the best poly strings (pro hurricane tour) and Tecnifibre and Wilson do the best synthetic guts. But that is me, I'm sure other people will disagree with me and say that Luxilon do the best poly.
As it was mentioned earlier, try things out and see what you like.

THESEXPISTOL
12-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Tecnifibre for all.
Babolat only wins in gut where Babolat is at a league of its own.

nCode747
12-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Wilson one of the best brands out there. Look no further...

no .

JavierLW
12-12-2009, 01:02 PM
I am a 3.5 player and i dont have lot of experience in strings and stringing. i want to change my strings and i am not sure for what brand to go. please help, am waiting for your opinions.

Brand names are irrelevant, most of the big name brands buy their strings from the smaller brands or factorys in China anyway....

ClubHoUno
12-12-2009, 01:21 PM
It's like asking what brand of car is best - impossible to answer in a serious manner :(

Best poly strings are: Luxilon, Signum pro, Tecnifibre, WeissCannon, Kirscbaum, Pacific & MSV

Best Multi strings are: Babolat, Tecnifibre, Wilson and maybe Gamma

Best natural Gut: Babolat, Pacific, Klip & Wilson (made by Babolat anyway)

Best synthetic Gut: Forten, Goosen, Prince, Tecnifibre and maybe Babolat

IN MY VIEW !!!, that is :p

THESEXPISTOL
12-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Conclusions: Head sucks at strings.

DennisK
12-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Conclusions: Head sucks at strings.

Head Rip Control has its fans. Its a decent multi which has some pretty unique properties.

lawlitssoo1n
12-12-2009, 02:36 PM
i think topspin is the best poly brand out there

slow_duster
12-13-2009, 04:06 PM
pistol:::: Have you tried Head's Rip Control ????

slow_duster
12-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Sorry Dennisk didnt see your post on rip control. I really liked this string, before I switched to gut. Great spin, low powered string worth a try, and only $6 or$7 a set.

AlpineCadet
12-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Babolat for gut, Technifibre for multi, Wilson/Prince for solid core syn. gut, and Luxilon for overpriced poly that dies too quickly.

slice bh compliment
12-13-2009, 04:35 PM
^That sounds good^. I know this is all a matter of opinion, but do Wilson and Prince make their own string? Even the cheap stuff? I thought they sourced that out.
Anyway, I really like babolat's French-made multis, Hurricane, Revenge and they make a good single core multi wrap strig called Addiction. I liked it a lot in a demo.

But I just use Babolat VS Tonic mains and Hurricane or Revenge crosses. So good.

EDIT:

Props to LaserFibre. I've liked some of their single core/multi wrap products. Also VOlkl distributes a great string called Power Fiber. It feels amazing, like a Tecnifibre NRG2. IT comes in 18g.

Pacific, Klipspringer, Kirschbaum .... too many good ones.

Fedace
12-13-2009, 04:45 PM

what is best poly for volleying ? i just found out that my Proline2 sucks for volleying. how could i have been so naive ?

T1000
12-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Gut: Babolat
Poly: Luxilon, Pro Supex, Tecnifibre
Synthetic Gut: Prince
Multis: Kirschbaum, Tecnifibre, Babolat

Babolat and Tecnifibre are probably the best brands overall

BigT
12-13-2009, 05:47 PM
what is best poly for volleying ? i just found out that my Proline2 sucks for volleying. how could i have been so naive ?

PolyStar Energy is the best volleying poly I have used.

raygo
12-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Sorry Dennisk didnt see your post on rip control. I really liked this string, before I switched to gut. Great spin, low powered string worth a try, and only $6 or$7 a set.

RIP Control is made by Isospeed.

Fedace
12-13-2009, 05:52 PM
PolyStar Energy is the best volleying poly I have used.

Thank you. is it a overall good poly ? i heard mixed things about it. some bad and some good. and would it be good in a hybrid with X-1 biphase ??

BigT
12-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Thank you. is it a overall good poly ? i heard mixed things about it. some bad and some good. and would it be good in a hybrid with X-1 biphase ??

I love it for serves and volleys, Davydenko loves it from the baseline. What more do you need?

I have customers who like it in a hybrid, other swear by it full. It's one of the few polys that could be strung full and still feel good at higher tensions.

xsmasher
12-14-2009, 05:24 AM
thanks everyone i got good knowledge.

topseed
12-14-2009, 05:44 AM
My avatar is one of the best string makers. :)