PDA

View Full Version : Solinco Strings?????

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
12-12-2009, 06:35 AM
Any info? I like
the look of these strings...
they have some good reviews but im not sure on prices or availibility

rippatennis777
12-12-2009, 07:00 AM
I also like the pictures, but I think they overpriced.

mikeler
12-12-2009, 07:21 AM
I hit with them in somebody else's racket today in a hybrid and they felt good. I'll find out the exact string/gauge tomorrow.

stanfordtennis alum
12-12-2009, 07:29 AM
i e-mailed them a week ago and they said they will release their strings to the public in a few months.. they did however offer me a sponsorship based on previous rankings..

davidahenry
12-13-2009, 09:21 AM
I played with SOLINCO Tour Bite (polyester - I think it is their top-of-the-line poly) recently. It was a really nice string. I still prefer Alu Power Rough as my string of choice, but Tour Bite is certainly very good.

Take care.

DH

chrisplchs
12-13-2009, 12:03 PM
eh... like ALU-wannabe but not anywhere near as good. loses tension faster than just about anything I've ever seen

star 5 15
12-13-2009, 12:26 PM
i e-mailed them a week ago and they said they will release their strings to the public in a few months.. they did however offer me a sponsorship based on previous rankings..

What kind of sponsorship did they offer you? Was it a discount or a full? I already get Gamma and Babolat discounted but I would like to get something free and apparently it's very similar to Alu Power.

duusoo
12-14-2009, 09:48 AM
I think they are a good string. But we all need to remember, how much difference is there with most of the polys. On the upper end, Big Banger has had a good run, but it's no longer the stand out, that is why they are trying to come up with something new. Solinco isn't any less than Big Banger. The problem is, they are a bit expensive. I think they should drop their price because they aren't unique. For the money, I think its impossible to beat PolyStar Energy.

zspyderman
12-19-2009, 03:10 PM
I think they are a good string. But we all need to remember, how much difference is there with most of the polys. On the upper end, Big Banger has had a good run, but it's no longer the stand out, that is why they are trying to come up with something new. Solinco isn't any less than Big Banger. The problem is, they are a bit expensive. I think they should drop their price because they aren't unique. For the money, I think its impossible to beat PolyStar Energy.
The difference in price becomes significant when you buy a REEL. You don't save much on individual packaging. A couple of bucks maybe... OM the other hand, while Luxilon wholesales a reel of Alu Rough for over $200 to the retailer (that's without any profit), the Solinco Tour Bite Reel retails for about $169.00 I think that's pretty good. If you restring 6 to 10 racquets a week, that's quite a bit of savings. If you need a string job every three months, ...who cares. Stick with Luxilon.

ace0001a
12-19-2009, 05:00 PM
The difference in price becomes significant when you buy a REEL. You don't save much on individual packaging. A couple of bucks maybe... OM the other hand, while Luxilon wholesales a reel of Alu Rough for over $200 to the retailer (that's without any profit), the Solinco Tour Bite Reel retails for about $169.00 I think that's pretty good. If you restring 6 to 10 racquets a week, that's quite a bit of savings. If you need a string job every three months, ...who cares. Stick with Luxilon.

Eventhough Luxilon has the following and accolades of being very popular, in high demand and having a unique feel when fresh, in my opinion you're paying more for the name than you are for technology behind it these days. So I honestly think Luxilon is overpriced. Paying a premium for them is one thing, but quite frankly I think the price they charge is almost gauging. For a brand like Solinco to basically come from nowhere (I'm sure they've got a following in other markets) to here in the US Market, I think they should take a que from brands like Topspin, Weiss Cannon or Signum Pro and price themselves accordingly.

zspyderman
12-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Eventhough Luxilon has the following and accolades of being very popular, in high demand and having a unique feel when fresh, in my opinion you're paying more for the name than you are for technology behind it these days. So I honestly think Luxilon is overpriced. Paying a premium for them is one thing, but quite frankly I think the price they charge is almost gauging. For a brand like Solinco to basically come from nowhere (I'm sure they've got a following in other markets) to here in the US Market, I think they should take a que from brands like Topspin, Weiss Cannon or Signum Pro and price themselves accordingly.
Solinco markets their string as a high end premium string that competes with the best in the business. They are not interested in the low end market at all, in fact they even try to avoid reps who deal in inexpensive budget strings. The quality is there. They are just taking their time.

serveandvolley4shizzle
12-19-2009, 10:00 PM
These strings are petty dmn good considering how new they are. I rep for them and if your looking for availability on them let me know, i'll be on here periodically. send text to 714-865-5190.

serveandvolley4shizzle
12-19-2009, 10:02 PM
also try the tour bite on the mains and the outlast red for the crosses equals phenominal.

chrisplchs
12-19-2009, 10:25 PM
I am not a big fan of Solinco, as having talked with many college players on top 25 programs as well as some of the top stringers, and the consensus is that it loses tension way too fast. It loses tension faster than even ALU. Its great that it initially plays like ALU and looks like ALU but it loses tension much faster than ALU

zspyderman
12-19-2009, 11:42 PM
I am not a big fan of Solinco, as having talked with many college players on top 25 programs as well as some of the top stringers, and the consensus is that it loses tension way too fast. It loses tension faster than even ALU. Its great that it initially plays like ALU and looks like ALU but it loses tension much faster than ALU
It really depends on what you are looking for. If I get four hours of solid hitting performance out of a string, that's pretty good. I don't care how expensive the string is. I very seldom make it through 2 practices without breaking a string. When strung racquets sit unused for a few days the Solinco is still excellent in my experience. Luxilon after 2 days is moving around like I just pulled it out from under a heat light. I used Luxilon Alu Rough before switching for years. Luxi still have the edge in performance when freshly strung. Considering longgevity and price, Solinco Tour Bite is a better choice.

babolat15
12-20-2009, 10:45 AM
star 5,

if you are interested in sponsorship shoot me an email: tennishero15@gmail.com

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
12-25-2009, 03:53 AM
I've got a set of tour bite on its way to me...I hope it lives up to ALU...
How long did it last ( tension wise)???
2 hours?? LESS?????
i hope not...but when i get a hit then i'll post...
the prices ARE ridiculous

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
12-25-2009, 09:14 AM
And what's the comparison between TOUR BITE and ALU ROUGH????????????????

rippatennis777
12-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Is anyone knows their website?

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
12-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Is anyone knows their website?
It doesnt work.....just has their email on it...

zspyderman
12-26-2009, 04:37 PM
And what's the comparison between TOUR BITE and ALU ROUGH????????????????
About a $100 per REEL..........:)
The price of Starbucks coffee is rudiculous....

ctennisam94
04-01-2010, 11:51 PM
i didn't like the tour bite. However I got a set of revolution/tru feel from them and I love it. I recently just bought a reel of it, but they are very expensive...

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
04-02-2010, 01:26 AM
I'm on my way to buy a reel of tour bite.....best string ever 4 me