PDA

View Full Version : Different way of starting the crosses?

SChamp
12-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Has anyone ever seen, heard, or tried to start stringing the crosses in the middle of the frame? Very similar to starting the mains, find the midpoint or as close as you can get in an odd numbered pattern, weave the two crosses, set a base clamp, pull tension and continue as normal? A guy I know strings like this because he doesn't have a starting clamp and doesn't trust using starting knots.

Mazilla2219
12-12-2009, 01:27 PM
I haven't seen this but have seen the 50-50 string method where you start cross from the center.

lawlitssoo1n
12-12-2009, 02:37 PM
he should have a starting clamp on the outside of the frame if your using a 50-50 stringing method

Dags
12-13-2009, 05:20 AM
If you have fixed clamps, the only way of doing this without a starting clamp would be to double-pull the crosses.

jazzyfunkybluesy
12-13-2009, 07:29 AM
This takes longer as the last 3 or 4 weaves are tight on both sides. What do you mean he doesn't trust the starting knot? Does his knot come loose or does it get pulled through the grommet? I always put a string through the grommet you are staring on. If the grommet is really stretched out I have put as much as 3 short strings to take up the space in the grommet. Check out YULittle on you tube on starting knots.