PDA

View Full Version : Question on Multis Fraying

Hominator
12-12-2009, 12:50 PM
I strung one of my frames with Wilson NXT 17 about two weeks ago. There's some considerable fraying along the sweetspot. Does this fraying affect the string's playability at all? I don't notice any performance drop-off, but then again, maybe it's so gradual that I never noticed...

Thanks for your help.

*Val*
12-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Hey Hominator,

I saw your reply to my thread a while back, about disc herniation (I've not been on for a while and looked up the thread), and I can't seem to send PMs?

Just wanted to say thanks for your post - sounded like you had an awful time with the disc problems (i've been through it myself) and glad to see you're back and playing!

Take care

lawlitssoo1n
12-12-2009, 01:39 PM
i guess you can say fraying does affect playability a bit. but it's not that big of a problem for you to cut them out. just play untill they pop

OHBH
12-12-2009, 03:57 PM
I strung one of my frames with Wilson NXT 17 about two weeks ago. There's some considerable fraying along the sweetspot. Does this fraying affect the string's playability at all? I don't notice any performance drop-off, but then again, maybe it's so gradual that I never noticed...

Thanks for your help.

some strings play best right before they break, not sure about NXT 17 specifically. NRG2 18G is one good example of this, also VS Gut

Hominator
12-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Hey Hominator,

I saw your reply to my thread a while back, about disc herniation (I've not been on for a while and looked up the thread), and I can't seem to send PMs?

Just wanted to say thanks for your post - sounded like you had an awful time with the disc problems (i've been through it myself) and glad to see you're back and playing!

Take care

Hi Val,

I hope your back is doing okay. Definitely let me know if you have any questions or need info.