PDA

View Full Version : Toby Gerhart...ridiculous!

dave333
12-13-2009, 05:09 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/12/12/SPAF1B3HMB.DTL

While carrying Stanford's football team on his back this season, Gerhart was also carrying a 21-credit course load, featuring courses like Prehistoric Archaeology and Integral Calculus. Your average Stanford student takes 15 credits.

Throw in the fact that he's also the starting center fielder on Stanford's baseball team. And that he was the valedictorian at his high school. And that he's majoring in management sciences and engineering. And that he's the all-time leading rusher in California high school history. And that he leads the nation in both rushing yards and touchdowns this season.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/12/12/SPAF1B3HMB.DTL#ixzz0ZcqCBYQ9

That's absolutely remarkable. He may not have gotten Heisman...but if you did consider this aspect...he should've. The weird thing is that it says he is taking integral calc right now, in his senior year. I doubt that for a math whiz.

Fedace
12-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Well, he is an Athlete. He is taking lots of lower level classes. There is no doubt he is a very smart guy however. but it may not matter anyway. He is going into NFL draft.

joe sch
12-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Well, he is an Athlete. He is taking lots of lower level classes. There is no doubt he is a very smart guy however. but it may not matter anyway. He is going into NFL draft.

The guy is a total over achiever !
I wanted him to win the Heisman.
He took a few years of college course during High School and has taken more than the necessary classes each semester at Stanford, while playing sports (football and baseball) and traveling. Also, Stanford is a top notch college with many of the smartest students. I think he is a great example for college athletes or just average students. Mark Ingram had a great year also and probably won this close Heisman vote (closest race in the history of Heisman Trophy winners) because his Alabama team defeated the number 1 FL team. I have best wishes and admiration for Toby Gerhart.

hollywood9826
12-14-2009, 03:40 AM
No doubt Ingram won based on Bamas record and more media exposure.

Suh should have won because he is twice as good as the next player in his position.

Good year by Gerhart though not taking any credit away from him whatsoever. But it no doubt hurt him that East coast voters maybe only saw him play twice all year.

Kevin T
12-14-2009, 07:31 AM
Gerhart is a monster and probably deserved it. The trophy is almost always tied to the best player on one of the best teams, so playing for Bama is huge. I agree with Hollywood, though, because Suh just took over games. I saw him play live against VA Tech and watched him totally dismantle Texas' O line. He'll be an immediate impact pro. I think Gerhart is being predicted as a 2nd rounder.