PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of this spadea player

agalloch
12-13-2009, 07:18 PM
read his book, seems like a dork, i guess he is still playing,rap music really annoys me so maybe that is the main thing also he is a teetotaler and into religion
he brought to my attention how the ex coach of sampras was convicted of making advances to young boys, he even still uses him as a coach, strange
i suppose it was worth the time to read though, seems like every match he writes about playing in he lost...

joe sch
12-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Vince Spadea is surely a character and different kind of player. Some people love him, others hate him. I find his take on things pretty entertaining which I think he really tries to be. He really gets alot out of his skill set. That is interesting that you noted that he writes about most of the matches that he loses. Maybe he is trying to insure he has lessons learned but I thought he was pretty good about writing about all his matches, sorta like Brad Gilbert, very good at taking notes and being a smart player. I did get his book named Break Point but have not found the time to read it. Maybe over the holidays ... What else did you find interesting from the book ?

agalloch
12-14-2009, 07:17 PM
oh just life on the tour in general, i never knew that at wimbledon they have a seperate locker room for seeded players
the appereance fees that some tournaments give the big names
how he found stepanek to be one of the most annoying people on tour
i,ll have to look out for gilberts book, i want to read becker,s as well

mikeler
12-15-2009, 05:24 AM
Did he write about the time he double bageled me in our junior days?

goran_ace
12-15-2009, 07:22 AM
Spadea ain't afraid o' ya!