PDA

View Full Version : Sacromento

SuperDuy
12-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Whats the tennis scene like there? Is there the USTA tournaments and all that stuff? Im just curious because that may be a future location(hate snow).

Thank You VM

ChuDat
12-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Do you mean Sacramento, Ca? There are alot of good players who live in that area or around that area. I know Tursunov lives in Roseville which is near Sacramento

Yaz
12-13-2009, 11:14 PM
I grew up in Sac, but that was a looong time ago. Surprisingly quite a few nice clubs out there so I'm sure the tennis scene is still pretty strong. They have their own organization called SCTA (http://www.sctaonline.com) but most of the USTA tournaments are played in the Bay Area.

SuperDuy
12-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Yeah, sacramento*

Fee
12-14-2009, 11:49 AM
There is a pretty good tennis scene in Sacramento, they have their own association separate from the USTA, that organizes leagues and tournaments. I've played in their tournaments and even played in the final one year when I was playing a regular schedule.

http://www.sactennis.org/Home.aspx

SuperDuy
12-14-2009, 11:57 AM
thanks all, anyone else?

SuperDuy
12-26-2009, 04:37 PM
need more info anyone?

LanEvo
12-26-2009, 07:13 PM
just go around the colleges, like Sac State and stuff, disgrace, u spelt Sacramento wrong

azntboyzthien
03-01-2010, 01:35 AM
need more info anyone?

Sacramento has a good scene. I been living here for a long time now and the tennis players varies from tennis court to others. The tennis clubs around Sacramento is run by Spare Time Club. Their is 1 indoor court in Sacramento, which is at Gold River in Carmichael (about 25 min drive) and that is the only one I know. I heard there is another indoor tennis somewhere a bit south of Sacramento (Lodi or Stockton) just in case it rains. Their are a bunch of lighted courts. A lot of tournament starts between February or March to October or November. You'll get more info on tournaments if you do join a club. I can say that the weather here is a bit different. 95+ degree in summers and 50-65 degree in winter. let alone sometimes rains for couple DAYS. but hey its like that everywhere! Fee gave you a good website, Sactennis.org is always a good place to check for upcoming tournaments.