PDA

View Full Version : Self Rating for a Tournament

ihearit1st
12-14-2009, 03:50 PM
How do I sign up for a NTRP tournament without a rating? My coach wants me to play 4.0 but I don't have a rating. How do I get one? I saw on the USTA website how to selfrate for a league, but not a tournament? The deadline is tonight, HELP!!!

Topaz
12-14-2009, 04:02 PM
How do I sign up for a NTRP tournament without a rating? My coach wants me to play 4.0 but I don't have a rating. How do I get one? I saw on the USTA website how to selfrate for a league, but not a tournament? The deadline is tonight, HELP!!!

I'm pretty sure you can just go ahead and sign up on Tennislink (if it is a USTA tournament)...you don't necessarily need a rating, but your results will generate a rating next year. You will need a membership number though (which means joining the USTA for at least one year). Then, it will list the divisions that are available to you...select 4.0, and have fun!

Hopefully, if I'm wrong, someone will come along soon and correct me.

Geezer Guy
12-14-2009, 06:18 PM
I think Topaz is right. Just sign up for the tournament. If you have an NTRP rating the computer will restrict you from entering just that level or higher. With no rating, you should be able to enter anything. (I think.)