PDA

View Full Version : A Great Analysis of Fed's Game w/ Animations

raftermania
04-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Federer%27s_playing_style

Some surprisingly good tennis articles on this site, well worth the read! I don't see a footnote for the animations:they look like John Yandell's or Tennisone's work.

aside: click the "discussion" tab on top to see the systematic argument the author makes to put his POV critic to shame! Thoughts on the backhand movie clip at the bottom? I can't access it at home on my POV(sic) dial-up connection

johnmcc516
04-21-2005, 05:51 AM
cool, thanks for the link.

Brettolius
04-21-2005, 06:34 AM
raftermania-
sweet find bro'. thanks for posting the link, much appreciated!!

Xevoius
04-21-2005, 08:24 AM
Great Federer article.

I liked the way Tim described Federer seemed to have an extra second. When I was hitting with the POG mid, I tried emulating Federer's loosy goosy style backhand and was able to get some of my serve and volley players commiting to a side before I struck the ball.

I was not able to do this consistently but it felt great when it happened.

My backhand basically just sux overall now.

arodnadal
04-21-2005, 08:38 AM
raftermania thanks so much for the link

eagle
04-21-2005, 08:59 AM
Whenever I see video clips of Federer, it is always a lesson in keeping one's eye on the ball. His eyes are trained on the ball before, during, and even after he hit his shot. Easier said than done and done each and every time.

r,
eagle

raftermania
04-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Glad you guys liked it. Wikipedia is a very topical resource, so much good stuff on it and it's great for school!

I still have to check out that backhand video that's in the discussion section.

michaellashan
04-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Thanks Raftermania! Awesome article. Now, I have been looking up all kinds of players on that site and they have really good bios and and highlights.

raftermania
04-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Yeah man, did you check out Andre's profile? I didn't know he was half-Assyrian, I knew he half-assed a lot of his matches in his early days but not this. :mrgreen:

(a nice animation of his backhand here too)