PDA

View Full Version : Creative ways to ask a girl to prom?

ayuname
12-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Anyone have any ideas?

I looked online but these ideas are pretty wimpy.
I was thinking about buying a huge box and putting a note under like a bunch of delectables.

CanadianChic
12-14-2009, 07:00 PM
What is your relationship to the girl?

maverick66
12-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Just ask her. Being cute and creative is nice but show her your a man and just walk up and ask. Women like a confident guy and what better way to show her then to just come out and say you want to take her to prom.

meowmix
12-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Isn't it a little early? I wasn't planning on asking until around February/March.

ayuname
12-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Just formulating ideas.

@CanadianChic, we're good friends, I want to be able to have fun asking her, that's why I said creative.

@maverick, I would directly ask her, but that's too boring. I want some suspense. :P

@meowmix, I know you are smart, prepare a plan with me! :)

CanadianChic
12-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Just formulating ideas.

@CanadianChic, we're good friends, I want to be able to have fun asking her, that's why I said creative.

@maverick, I would directly ask her, but that's too boring. I want some suspense. :P

If you are friends and you are looking to make it fun (and assuming you believe she'll say yes), I would opt for a good old fashioned treasure hunt. Clue after clue after clue...have her figure them out and go to the locations for the next clues (maybe a dozen). At the final stop I would have a bouquet of flowers...something like wildflowers, lillies or birds of paradise (no roses) and the question on the card.

maverick66
12-14-2009, 07:17 PM
thats kind of lame CC. What happens when she gets to the end and says no?:)

Why be cute. Show her your a confident guy it goes alot further than a box with something cute on it.

ayuname
12-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Treasure hunt is hard. :(
Hahaha. It's a good idea though.

J011yroger
Just man up, and ask.

Let the girls do all that cute crap.

J

meowmix

Oh no no no, you do NOT want me helping you out on anything to do with a relationship. I am NOT the person you want to be asking for advice on that subject.

CanadianChic
12-14-2009, 07:22 PM
thats kind of lame CC. What happens when she gets to the end and says no?:)

Why be cute. Show her your a confident guy it goes alot further than a box with something cute on it.

Confidence is essential and he won't be showing a lack of it by being creative. Keep in mind that the prom is very special to a teenage girl and what is exciting or memorable about the guy just barking it out? This is something she would remember. Would you ask a woman to marry you by saying "wanna get hitched?" or actually put some thought into it. By asking, he is showing confidence. By making it unique (not even close to lame BTW) he is letting her know she is special enough to put the effort into. Her friends and family would be impressed as well.

How is it hard?

ayuname
12-14-2009, 07:24 PM
CC got my brain waves. Sorta.

I guess I'm just really tired, lazy, and alot on my mind right now. :F

maverick66
12-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Im not saying bark it out. But be a man and just tell her that you would like the honor of taking her to prom. How you say it is important. She needs to know you want to take her but dont be cute be a man.

And if i was asking a girl to marry me I would not just lean over and asked do you wanna get hitched. I would at least get down on a knee and ask like a man is supposed to.

CanadianChic
12-14-2009, 07:27 PM
CC got my brain waves. Sorta.

I guess I'm just really tired, lazy, and alot on my mind right now. :F

Your call but I can help you through it if you go that route. I must say that I know my sh1t when it comes to this sort of thing but the decision is up to you.

CanadianChic
12-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Im not saying bark it out. But be a man and just tell her that you would like the honor of taking her to prom. How you say it is important. She needs to know you want to take her but dont be cute be a man.

And if i was asking a girl to marry me I would not just lean over and asked do you wanna get hitched. I would at least get down on a knee and ask like a man is supposed to.

But if being 'cute' would impress the girl, is it not worth it? Let's face it, the prom really is geared for the females. He can be a man and confidently suggest they go to lunch some day at a particular restaurant but for the prom...effort is key.

CanadianChic
12-14-2009, 07:30 PM

Nice, but you still need to be willing and able to cook. ;)

maverick66
12-14-2009, 07:32 PM
I agree with you prom is for girls more than its for guys. Its very special for a girl and a guy just goes along looking for some after prom loving.

But im not a big fan of being cute when it comes to women. Ive seen many of guys try to be cute only to watch the girl they liked walk off with the guy who just said what they were looking for.

and who said i couldnt cook?

Sorry to derail your thread a little. But i stand by my first post. Just ask her. If you wanna be cute or chivalrous due it the night of with something special then.

CanadianChic
12-14-2009, 07:35 PM
I agree with you prom is for girls more than its for guys. Its very special for a girl and a guy just goes along looking for some after prom loving.

But im not a big fan of being cute when it comes to women. Ive seen many of guys try to be cute only to watch the girl they liked walk off with the guy who just said what they were looking for.

That's why I asked what their relationship is. If they are friends and he feels she would say yes, then by all means, make the experience memorable for her. If she ambles off with another guy then she doesn't appreciate him or want him do be her prop anyway. I just think that for advice on what would impress a woman, women tend to know a little more on the topic. ;)

CanadianChic
12-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Sorry to derail your thread a little. But i stand by my first post. Just ask her. If you wanna be cute or chivalrous due it the night of with something special then.

When she is expecting it? How is that romantic or impressive? Women enjoy it when a man goes out of their way to show them they are special and this is a non-expensive, fun way to do so.

sapient007
12-14-2009, 07:47 PM
is her name cheyenne? if so you should just not ask

Bagumbawalla
12-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Just ask her, quick, before someone else does. If she says yes, then you can think of something clever, later.

Kobble
12-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Your call but I can help you through it if you go that route. I must say that I know my sh1t when it comes to this sort of thing but the decision is up to you.And I can say that I don't know **** when it comes to cute ways to go to the prom. Maybe what he needs is a smart woman, and a stupid guy to help, so they both get what they want.

Fedace
12-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Pass her a Note saying " We will just go as Friends only,, don't worry about the fact that we have to sleep together afterwards or anything like that". You will have her eating out of your hands..............

Boxofweasels
12-14-2009, 08:16 PM
I put my invitation in a box of "Cracker Jacks." I opened them VERY slowly from the bottom with a letter opener to separate the folds in the packaging. I glued the whole thing back together after placing my note inside. I gave her the Cracker Jacks and told her there was a "Special" prize inside. The rest is history... Okay so she dumped me later for a drug dealer, but the Cracker Jacks worked!

Good luck,
Joel

ayuname
12-14-2009, 08:20 PM
@Fedace, wouldn't that be very amusing. Hahaha.

@Boxofweasels, aww man, hate the way that cookie crumbled.

We will see, christmas break is almost here and the plotting shall begin! :)

Fedace
12-14-2009, 08:23 PM
@Fedace, wouldn't that be very amusing. Hahaha.

@Boxofweasels, aww man, hate the way that cookie crumbled.

We will see, christmas break is almost here and the plotting shall begin! :)

You see that will take all the pressure off of the girl. and she will Want to sleep with you at all costs, just to find out if you are for real......

J011yroger
12-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Confidence is essential and he won't be showing a lack of it by being creative. Keep in mind that the prom is very special to a teenage girl and what is exciting or memorable about the guy just barking it out? This is something she would remember. Would you ask a woman to marry you by saying "wanna get hitched?" or actually put some thought into it. By asking, he is showing confidence. By making it unique (not even close to lame BTW) he is letting her know she is special enough to put the effort into. Her friends and family would be impressed as well.

How is it hard?

I liked it when they were talking about Hewitt proposing, he handed his soap opera star GF Bec the ring in a box and said "How about it?"

J

leeroy85
12-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Make sure she likes you otherwise it does not matter.

onehandbh
12-14-2009, 08:34 PM
I think it just depends on who you are and what she's like. No one right /best
way to go about it. Just be confident.

Regarding the treasure hunt thing... I did a variation of it once. But not
to ask a girl out. My friend left the keys to his dorm room door in the
door knob and passed out after a party. I took the keys and put a note
there in its place. On the note were directions on how to get to the
next note (e.g. turn left, and take 20 steps until you reach the end of the
hallway. now look at your reflection in the microwave. what do you
see? doesn't matter. turn right while facing the microwave and go ....)
I made about 12 of them. After about #5 he got kind of annoyed.

Fedace
12-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Make sure she likes you otherwise it does not matter.

Not really. if she likes you then she will go with you No matter what you say....

jamesblakefan#1
12-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Don't get too fancy man. I was in the exact same place two years ago. Stressing the heck out.

What you gotta do is just pull her aside, and ask her. Whatever you do, don't do it around a large group of people. Again I say don't get too creative. In the big picture, it's just the prom, not like you're asking to marry her or anything. :lol:

Just man up, pull her aside, and ask her. And whatever you do, don't wait until it's too late. My prom was in May, so I asked in late March/early April. This gives plenty of time to get everything set up - what colors to wear, where to eat at, etc. It may seem stressful, but trust me in the big picture, the prom is no big deal. Just relax and be normal.

Lakoste
12-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Sneak inside her house and use red paint to write PROM ...OR ELSE! on her walls.

Goes over great with her parents too.

Fee
12-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Didn't we do this thread last year?

maverick66
12-14-2009, 09:21 PM
we do this type thread all the time. The teens are learning how to approach girls. Its an awkward time of life where they get turned in the wrong direction to easily.

ReopeningWed
12-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Pass her a Note saying " We will just go as Friends only,, don't worry about the fact that we have to sleep together afterwards or anything like that". You will have her eating out of your hands..............

You should take Dr. Fedace's word for it. His Ph.D was in Promology you know. ;)

Maverick, since this is a tennis forum, I imagine all of the teenagers here to be socially awkward, home/private schooled hermits. Maybe there isn't enough time to work on people skills since everything goes towards their tennis training.

Feņa14
12-14-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm glad we don't do the prom thing here, sounds like more trouble than it's worth :)

Jay_The_Nomad
12-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Ask her parents for their blessings & then hire a string quartet, prepare a song & perform a serenade demonstrating your creative love in front of the world and ask her to prom.

Or you could just send her a text message or a message on msn asking her to prom.

Alternatively, you could do what most people do; that is just ask if she is going with anyone. She will know what you're gonna ask next so based on her response, you'll know immediately if she is keen or not.

Breaker
12-14-2009, 11:19 PM
Well when we did it and had 7 periods in the school day I just bought seven flowers and tied a small note to each one to be given to her each period by one of her friends of whatever teacher she had.

1 - Will
2 - You
3 - Go
4 - To
5 - Prom
6 - With
7 - Me?!?

For the 7th one I handed it personally..lots of 'awws' all around then the prom. It doesn't really matter though the year before that just asked directly with no other cutesy things and it had the same effect soo..depends on the girl I guess.

Omega_7000
12-15-2009, 04:05 AM
Well when we did it and had 7 periods in the school day I just bought seven flowers and tied a small note to each one to be given to her each period by one of her friends of whatever teacher she had.

1 - Will
2 - You
3 - Go
4 - To
5 - Prom
6 - With
7 - Me?!?

For the 7th one I handed it personally..lots of 'awws' all around then the prom. It doesn't really matter though the year before that just asked directly with no other cutesy things and it had the same effect soo..depends on the girl I guess.

That's cool!

Fedace
12-15-2009, 04:57 AM
Here is a nice website to learn how to ask a girl out and have 99% chance of success. This works on anyone including hottest girl in school... Testimonial from a guy in australia.
http://www.DatingTechniques.com

Hi Obi'Wan De'Angelo,

I was one of, I'm guessing, the heaps of other
guys that have trouble with the ladies that are
giant procrastinators.

This was a major problem of mine, I'd think about
what to do and what to say, only to find that I
missed my opportunity in doing so.

Then a few weeks after reading "Double Your
Dating" I thought bugger this what am I scared of
a little girl who is smaller than me not being
interested. What a way to live life. Worried so
much about what somebody else might think or say.
I'm 19 and had never dated, so I set myself a goal
of getting half a dozen dates by the end of the
year. Now this may not seem like a lot, but to me
it seemed almost impossible.

I started by phoning a girl that is in my course
at uni who's number I already had, and I arranged
a study date. When I say 'I' she basically
organized it, I think she was just waiting for me
to show some initiative because she sounded almost
ecstatic that I had phoned'.

And although I didn't jump straight in the deep-
end asking a stranger for her number, that was
only a step away. Now I have so many girls to
choose from it's almost confusing. Though I prefer
being confused than lonely.

So Dave what I'm trying to say is you have
improved my life tenfold. Not only am I having a
great time seeing different girls, I'm also doing
better at my studies because I no longer have in
the back of my mind how pathetic I am. I also have
made more friends through knowing so many more
people. All I needed was that first little step
and it soon snowballed, because as you know pretty
girls know pretty girls, now it's just a matter of
finding one that meets my now prestigious
standards.

Dave IOU my life, thanks.

T.G.

Australia

cucio
12-15-2009, 06:38 AM
You write the words "I am putting a wormidable effort here" in the back of your shirt, go to her and do this:

http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/stepanek-worm-w.jpg

lovecr717
12-16-2009, 06:16 PM
As a teenage girl, I'm with CanadianChic on this treasure hunt thing.
Matter of fact, prom is a special event for females so why not do something special ? Treasure hunt sure is interesting enough but I think it should stay easy and simple . Just dont be too intricate and it will work fine :)

Blinkism
12-16-2009, 07:36 PM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/2/6/633695571198423560-epictuxedo.jpg

ayuname
12-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Oh so, I found out she's going in a girl's group.

Oh well...

jamesblakefan#1
12-17-2009, 03:57 PM

Oh well...

Girls' group? Damn, they didn't even have those 2 years ago when I was going to prom. WTF is that?

J011yroger
12-17-2009, 03:59 PM

Oh well...

Too bad you didn't man up and ask her like Mav and myself suggested.

Maybe she would have been going with you now.

But wait...there is still time.

Just ask the F'ing girl.

J

maverick66
12-17-2009, 04:33 PM
this is why I say dont be cute. Seal the deal then there is time to be cute. And if she likes you I guarantee this girls group thing would change. Unless she goes that way im sure a girl would rather have a guy she likes on her arm than a girlfriend.

mtommer
12-17-2009, 05:22 PM

Oh well...

And? I bet it will be amazing how quickly she might change her "plans" if you simply ask her, creatively or not.

And I'll add that if she does accept, she's probably not going to be the only one and eventually that girl's group will be history.

J011yroger
12-17-2009, 07:43 PM
That's 3 for ask.

And 0 for sorry to hear that she is going with a girls group.

Guess why she is going with a girls group... So she doesn't feel like a loser for not having a date.

ASK.

J

onehandbh
12-17-2009, 10:03 PM
That's 3 for ask.

And 0 for sorry to hear that she is going with a girls group.

Guess why she is going with a girls group... So she doesn't feel like a loser for not having a date.

ASK.

J

^^^. Sack up and ask. A couple times I've hemmed and hawed about
asking a girl out, thinking I'd have no chance. Sometimes it worked out okay and
the girl ended up asking me out and the build up of tension in both parties was, uh,
released, but other times, well my lack of gonadal fortitude didn't serve
me well. Lessons learned.

ayuname
12-18-2009, 03:45 AM
It's not because I didn't ask her. They already planned to go as a group like last year. I may ask her later but not now. I need some time to think.

chanee
12-18-2009, 04:13 AM
There a girls groups in proms? LOL! That's new to me.

cucio
12-18-2009, 04:36 AM
It's not because I didn't ask her. They already planned to go as a group like last year. I may ask her later but not now. I need some time to think.

Then your job was just made easier all of a sudden. Get together a group of guys and get your group to ask collectively to the girls group, so you go as couple of groups. Think big, man. Oh, the economy of scale savings!!! Batch discounts!!! Oh, the after-party possibilities!!! :twisted:

christos_liaskos
12-18-2009, 06:30 AM
I'm glad we don't do the prom thing here, sounds like more trouble than it's worth :)

I second that! I'm sorry everyone else but what an absolute load of rubbish haha! Sooooooo glad it doesn't happen over here.

As for CC..... I think all us guys all over the world should make a pact to not do such stupid and ridiculous things... sorry CC :D. Then the women will just have to accept that they cant make men jump through hoops and do such stupid things for their own amuzement :D. Come on ladies, you would probably pretend you liked something like that and then once you're around all your other girls you would have a good laugh about how you got a guy grovelling after you and doing the most stupid things imaginable.

Kobble
12-18-2009, 08:17 AM
I second that! I'm sorry everyone else but what an absolute load of rubbish haha! Sooooooo glad it doesn't happen over here.

As for CC..... I think all us guys all over the world should make a pact to not do such stupid and ridiculous things... sorry CC :D. Then the women will just have to accept that they cant make men jump through hoops and do such stupid things for their own amuzement :D. Come on ladies, you would probably pretend you liked something like that and then once you're around all your other girls you would have a good laugh about how you got a guy grovelling after you and doing the most stupid things imaginable.
And then when the guy is around his buddies, he says, "Dude, you want to see the tape?"

mtommer
12-18-2009, 09:42 AM
It's not because I didn't ask her.

Uhhhh, hate to break it to you but yes, it is.

They already planned to go as a group like last year.

Of course they did. Then, the girls didn't have boyfriends or didn't think they would be asked/afraid they wouldn't be asked. Once the first girl goes from the group the others will stop feeling guilty about leaving some they may think won't be asked and accept invitations. The first girl to get asked will probably accept due to the emotions of the sitaution. Then she'll go home and mull over telling her friends. Eventually she will but: "She already accepted so she has to go." (to which the others will agree), and she'll keep feeling a little guilty but still probably start to hang around more often with the guy that asked her. Once the next girl goes the first girl will forget about the group to a degree and most of the girls will no longer feel the loyalty to the group they once did, accept invitations, some girls are going to have new boyfriends and one or two girls won't be asked. In the mean time, are you going to be looking in wishing you had asked your girl, who is now going with someone else, or are you going to be holding hands and dancing with her at the prom?

There is never going to be a "right" time to ask. There is never going to be a "perfect moment".

dave333
12-18-2009, 12:08 PM
I asked a girl who was going with a "girl's group". She was incredibly pretty, but the majority of guys in my grades weren't asking girls in our grade, she was actually dateless. I just went with her with all the girls and one other guy who asked one of the girls.

So in other words, ask.

maverick66
12-18-2009, 01:01 PM

whats to think about. you like a girl who has no male companion. Go ask girl to be said male companion. Even if she is in a group deal I would put money on her wanting to have a good looking guy taking her over her friends taking her. Even at a small consolation you get invited to join her and her friends and you two have a great time once you get there.

There is never going to be a "right" time to ask. There is never going to be a "perfect moment".

I think people have seen way to many movies. Im all for a little romance but its getting crazy. People shouldnt be up all night thinking of ways to ask a girl out. It should be a simple direct question. No need for a million cute things. Just be a man tell her you like her and hope she feels the same. Its not rocket science.

ayuname
12-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Ok, around here it's different. It's not because they can't get dates or anything, it's the simplicity of just going with friends and not having to worry about other things. So it's not my fault or anything.

Second, I am planning to ask her or maybe someone else but not at this time. I have been hardcore stressed out and I just need some time to relax and it's the holiday break so I'll get to reflect on stuff and goal up for the future.

Lastly, I thank all and receive all your replies and in time I will go out and take the initiative.

Again, it's not my mistake for not asking her to prom. We've all received advice from our most loved teacher to go as "friends" and not "dates".

LanEvo
12-18-2009, 05:51 PM
if ur not man enough to do it in person, then text her, girls love texting

J011yroger
12-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Ok, around here it's different. It's not because they can't get dates or anything, it's the simplicity of just going with friends and not having to worry about other things.

Bulls***.

J

ayuname
12-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Plenty of time to contract a plan!

maverick66
12-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Again, it's not my mistake for not asking her to prom. We've all received advice from our most loved teacher to go as "friends" and not "dates".

This is why you never listen to teachers. High School is when you learn to really start having dates and relationships. To ignore one of the bigger events of the year because the teacher thinks prom isnt cool is dumb.

Plenty of time to contract a plan!

You dont need a plan. What is so complicated about this. Walk up say i would like to take you to the prom and move on from there. There is no big plan.

LanEvo
12-18-2009, 09:28 PM
i got a question, what if the girl says no? then do u ask another girl and what if its one of that girls friends? i wonder how those situatiosn work out, bc in most if not all schools, the girls all know each other

Seth
12-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Back in high school I contacted the girl's parents. After developing some rapport with them (and getting their approval), I went over to her place when she was at cheerleading practice.

I placed Hershey Kisses up the stairs, down the hall, and into her room. I then made them weave into her shower and put two bouquets of flowers in their (a spring mix of flowers, roses are over-done).

I then taped a huge sign to her mirror that read "Now that I've kissed the ground you walk on and showered you with flowers, will you go to the prom with me?"

A bit cheesy, but she loved it. Even if your potential date doesn't go for it, she'll tell her friends and they'll think it's cute. Maybe a date will come from that.

Seth
12-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Additionally, I started planning months in advance before anyone else asked her. No shame in getting a jump-start on things.

J011yroger
12-19-2009, 04:07 AM
i got a question, what if the girl says no? then do u ask another girl and what if its one of that girls friends? i wonder how those situatiosn work out, bc in most if not all schools, the girls all know each other

No, when the first girl ever says no, you go and lock yourself up in your room, and never talk to another girl again as long as you live.

J

Andres
12-19-2009, 05:56 AM
No, when the first girl ever says no, you go and lock yourself up in your room, and never talk to another girl again as long as you live.

J
Yup. That sounds about right.

Kobble
12-19-2009, 09:07 AM
i got a question, what if the girl says no? then do u ask another girl and what if its one of that girls friends? i wonder how those situatiosn work out, bc in most if not all schools, the girls all know each otherSee the biggest regret thread. I will shorten it for you, you chicken out when your chances look bad. I think the problem is often with undercover lesbian and bisexual girls, namely lesbian, who hang around the hot girl with their fingers crossed like you. They like to bash guys who are after their prize, and that includes you. Now, if that is the case, and I think there is always one or two surrounding the hot girl. Do you want to lose to a lesbian? Intimidated by a closet dike? You see where all this is going? Nobody is going to really give a **** about the geek who asked out the model. And those dikes, who pass this **** around, will be discredited later anyway when they come out. I think it is just simple intimidation that works because we just didn't have the facts, and couldn't make an informed decision.

Fedace
12-20-2009, 05:05 PM
"Your skin is so soft, it melts in my mouth"