PDA

View Full Version : Specialized tennis glasses for Indoors???

Connors
12-15-2009, 09:15 AM
I'd like to get some feedback as to whether using the sunglasses that highlight the yellow of the ball would also be good for indoor tennis?

I want to play in a tournament over the Holidays but I don't see the ball very well at this particular club. The lighting is sub-par, in my opinion. I struggle with depth perception and such.

I'm wondering if the same principal would apply with the competiitive sunglasses that highlight the optic yellow color? This could help me focus in on the ball and maybe block out the dark greens and greys. thoughts?? thanks for any feedback.

jswinf
12-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Do you wear corrective lenses (glasses or contact lenses)? A lot of people see OK but not perfectly, and blurred vision is more of an issue in poor light. Any trouble with night driving?

You might like yellow-tinted lenses, but I wouldn't expect them to be miraculous.

Connors
12-15-2009, 09:42 AM
I seem to see very well at night. I just struggle with depth perception in poor lighting conditions with indoor tennis.

with higher quality, brighter lighting, I see very well at some indoor facilities.

Connors
12-15-2009, 12:35 PM
what do any of you do for poor lighting indoors? Do you have any suggestions? Could these type of glasses work, even indoors?

LuckyR
12-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Yes and no. They will highlight the optic yellow color (by blocking other colors more), but since the overall light amount indoors is so low, having a tinted lens could prove to be worse than no lens at all.

10s talk
12-15-2009, 07:18 PM
just get a coal miner's hat

burosky
12-16-2009, 10:30 AM
How about using one of those night vision goggles? Kidding aside, if the lighting is bad there is nothing you can do to make it better short of making improvements to the lighting. No sunglass will make it better.

nCode747
12-16-2009, 01:20 PM
http://www.amazon.com/SHARPSHOOTERS-ENHANCING-DESIGNED-SHOOTING-APPLICATIONS/dp/B000HJOSN4

These might help. There designed for hunters to enhance colors.