PDA

View Full Version : String recommendations EXO3 Rebel 95

davetennis
12-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Now that I have a stringing machine, I am interested in testing lots of strings to find my ideal set up. Please let me know what you've tried or would recommend with the Rebel 95. I am 4.0 all court player, don't want too much power and need to minimize chances of tennis elbow.

Thanks for your help.

davetennis
12-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Also like to hit with topspin.

DonBot
12-15-2009, 06:23 PM
I have black code, full bed, at 58 lbs, it gives it great spin and has remained incredibly playable for a long time. It is nice and low powered too in the rebel.

chaddles
12-15-2009, 06:47 PM
My favourite is M2 Pro @ 58lb which is really nice.

Touch Turbo 17, and PLII main & NXT16 cross played very well too (all @ 58lb)

Kenny022593
12-15-2009, 07:57 PM
The demo i played with had NRG2 in it. It was nice

1hbhBUX
12-16-2009, 12:33 PM
What setups have you liked in the past? Hyrids are a good option if you're not used to poly or co-poly strings. A soft co-poly in the mains and mfil/synth gut in the crosses would help with the tennis elbow!

davetennis
12-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Right now I have one racket with a full bed of Prince Lightning and the other is a hybrid of ALU BB Power Rough mains at 52 with Prince Synth Gut in the crosses at 58.

I hit well with both, but actually like the lightning better overall. I do get better spin with the hybrid though and it seems to hit better as I play more.

I just orderd MSV Focus Hex and Black Code. Will try them both, seperately. Not sure about a full bed or hybrid with PSG in the crosses.

JackB1
01-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Right now I have one racket with a full bed of Prince Lightning and the other is a hybrid of ALU BB Power Rough mains at 52 with Prince Synth Gut in the crosses at 58.

I hit well with both, but actually like the lightning better overall. I do get better spin with the hybrid though and it seems to hit better as I play more.

I just orderd MSV Focus Hex and Black Code. Will try them both, seperately. Not sure about a full bed or hybrid with PSG in the crosses.

ALU rough isnt a great choice if you are trying to minimise TE. I would recommend trying the Prince Poly EXP hybrid. Its a soft copoly and the Premiere LT multi softens it up in the cross.