PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Fort Elite Tennis Balls - Anmone played these ?

ClubHoUno
12-16-2009, 02:59 PM
I wonder why the very much liked Dunlop Gran Prix ball, which is very popular in the US, don't even show up on Dunlops own www.Dunlopsports.com website, so I ask if any of you have tried their new top model ball called Dunlop Fort Elite ?

I'm about to test it, but what can I expect - and are there any fans of this particular Dunlop ball in here on TENNIS TALK ?

I can get a good offer of 36 4 ball cans of these for only 140, equal to circa $220.

So have anyone played with this ball - what do you think of it ?

TW EUROPE has this ball - you can check it on their website: www.Tenniswarehouse-europe.com and then go to (TENNIS) BALLS.

Update: Just played with it, and let me tell you I think I found my new favorite ball. Not as heavy as the ultra heavy Slazenger Ultra life, not as 'jumpy' as the also GREAT Tecnifibre X-One ball, but not as light as the Slazenger UltraVis Wimbledon, but just as visible and very nice durability.

Have played 7 sets with it and it still looks to be in fine condition and the bounce on the ball is like when it was new.

Thumbs up for this ball - give it a try and report back here in this thread how you liked it :D

ClubHoUno
12-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Noone has tried them ? ? ?

z_z
12-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Aren't they the same balls repackaged for different countries?

ClubHoUno
12-17-2009, 06:43 AM
Aren't they the same balls repackaged for different countries?

Yes...... And no.

The Fort Elite is repackaged for only two countries - the Netherlands and the Germany.

Other than that Dunlop sells the Ball under its real name everywhere else - Dunlop Fort Elite.

The ball for Germany & Holland is called Dunlop Fort Tournament - but should be the exact same ball just in another can design.

Can't find any info about the Dunlop Grand Prix 2 ball, which are being sold here on TW USA :confused:

minisellars
12-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Dunlop fort elite are my favourite tennis balls.

Durability
they stay at a decent quality for around 2-4 weeks depending on how hard you hit the ball and how often you play

Bounce
these balls are quite heavy, therefore when topspin is added, they bounce up very high, i play with these balls on grass and astroturf courts but topspin still has a larger effect then with wilson and head balls, i once tried playing with these on clay, they improved the length of the points but after a while i found it uncomfortable hitting them because of the bounce height. but i imagine that using these balls on hard courts would be ideal because you still get the effect of the high bounce without it being uncomfortable. these balls are ideal for people who play with a lot of topspin

Weight
these balls feel quite heavy after a couple of hours playing with them but this could just be because of the way i swing the racket

hope this helped:)

Bartelby
02-04-2010, 04:11 AM
It helps. This guy got some great topspin from them, but that was the first time i'd seen him play.

Dunlop fort elite are my favourite tennis balls.

Durability
they stay at a decent quality for around 2-4 weeks depending on how hard you hit the ball and how often you play

Bounce
these balls are quite heavy, therefore when topspin is added, they bounce up very high, i play with these balls on grass and astroturf courts but topspin still has a larger effect then with wilson and head balls, i once tried playing with these on clay, they improved the length of the points but after a while i found it uncomfortable hitting them because of the bounce height. but i imagine that using these balls on hard courts would be ideal because you still get the effect of the high bounce without it being uncomfortable. these balls are ideal for people who play with a lot of topspin

Weight
these balls feel quite heavy after a couple of hours playing with them but this could just be because of the way i swing the racket

hope this helped:)