PDA

View Full Version : Like Big Ace after 10-20 hrs: What's Wrong?

jmhs
12-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Sorry to overlap on so many posts about when poly strings go dead, but I seem to play my best tennis (I'm 4.5-5.0 aggressive baseliner) between 10-22 hours of Big Ace 1.25 strung at 54 on my Head Mid+. The string is supposedly dead (it hasn't yet moved...usually breaks at around 22 hours or so), and has lost elasticity and tension. I guess others would tell me I might be putting my arm in danger.

I'm not that experienced with analyzing string. I have tried "better" quality poly (e.g., Black Code and Pro Line II), but I can hit big and with more consistency with Big Ace.

Just curious, why would I play my best tennis when the string is supposedly dead? I hit through the ball pretty well on both sides...a fairly flat ball...is it simply that I get more control hitting a penetrating ball with dead strings? Thanks in advance.

ClubHoUno
12-16-2009, 06:21 PM
You're a stringers worst nightmare.
You love dead strings and plays your best with them.

You don't belong in here - GO AWAY PLEASE ;)

Try use string savers in your Big Ace and you can play more than 50 hours before your strings will break.

2 of my tennis buddeys feel just like you, they can't feel their strings are dead and love the feel and don't change strings before They break after 50+ hours

jmhs
12-16-2009, 07:22 PM
You're a stringers worst nightmare.
You love dead strings and plays your best with them.

You don't belong in here - GO AWAY PLEASE ;)

Try use string savers in your Big Ace and you can play more than 50 hours before your strings will break.

2 of my tennis buddeys feel just like you, they can't feel their strings are dead and love the feel and don't change strings before They break after 50+ hours

Good stuff. The funny part is that if I think about this more, I'll begin to play crappy with my BA after 10 hrs and be cutting them out like everyone else.

Do your buddies play wth poly or gut?

autumn_leaf
12-16-2009, 08:09 PM
maybe you just like the lower tension, try stringing it a couple lbs lower next time. if you feel like you're reaching your preferred feel sooner than before keep adjusting till you get it right away.

i think i've read other posts about this subject and they also mentioned that they liked it better after 10-20 hrs, strange.

ScoopsHaaganDazs
12-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Tension drops and your shots become more powerful.

lawlitssoo1n
12-16-2009, 09:58 PM
it's all in your headddddd

mikeler
12-17-2009, 03:28 AM
+1 on this. My Big Ace hybrid was best from 10-20 hours before it would break.

FloridaAG
12-17-2009, 04:29 AM
I also like Big Ace better after a few hours of play - frankly that is why I like the string (not 10 though for me, more like 3-4)

bad_call
12-17-2009, 06:03 AM
also found that PS BA plays great for a much longer time.

get it in
12-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Big Ace plays great for me until about 15 hours. The tension drops a lot and I start losing control (ball goes long too often). I agree that's it really good after some warm up time with it. I string mine around 52 lbs so yes it's at low tension already. After the strings start moving like crazy I just cut them out and restring. BA is a great value. The price is right and the playability is good.