PDA

View Full Version : X-Force, Tornado, Scorpion, Silverstring - Best?

TripleB
12-17-2009, 06:16 AM
I'm looking for a poly softer than my typical string, Luxilon BB ALU Power*. I would like to try something new that offers a soft feel (at least soft for a poly) and doesn't move much to throw into a hybrid as mains with Yonex 850 or natural gut crosses.

After a lot of searching and reading I've narrowed my choices down to four polys:
- Pacific X-Force 17
- Signum Pro Tornado 17
- Weiss Cannon Scorpion 17
- Weiss Cannon Silverstring 17

If anyone could give me some feedback on any (or all) of the above strings I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

TripleB

BTW: I've tried Fluoro version and something about it just didn't feel right.

galain
12-17-2009, 08:02 AM
I'm still a newbie to the poly world and not sure I'm going to stay here but for what it's worth, I've been playing Tornado 17 for awhile now and I quite like it. It's soft'ish, has good spin, haven't noticed anything powerwise but I don't mind it at all.

I still prefer a multi I think, for the feel, but from my time with TF Black Code, the Tornado is hands down for me a superior strung in every category.

ClubHoUno
12-17-2009, 08:10 AM
You hear me praise the same string in all the posts, but this is my honest opinion, so take it for what it is - I should soon start to receive sponsor payment from Signum Pro :)

Seriously - the best TWISTED and edged CoPoly I've tried in my life so far is:

1. Signum Pro Tornado 1.17 - FANTASTIC string, better than Tecnifibre BlackCode. GREAT spin. Nice control, GREAT at holding tension and elasticity for a CoPoly string and Looks GREAT in dark black-grey color. Gentle on the arm too.

2. WeissCannon TurboTwist - almost a multi like CoPoly. Feels very nice and soft, producer GREAT spin and very good tension and elasticity maintenance. Very nice white 'opal' color.

These 2 strings are in a class of their own at the moment in my view.

Mig1NC
12-18-2009, 02:47 AM
The string forum (another website) ranks the Signum Pro Tornado mains and Signum Pro Hyperion crosses hybrid as one of the best string setups.

They also rank WeissCannon TurboTwist as one of the best strings available.

man-walking
12-18-2009, 02:58 PM
They also rank WeissCannon TurboTwist as one of the best strings available.
Yes, still only 6 votes, but it looks very promising, I'm waiting also for votes from more active members (people that have made many reviews).

I wonder if the shape of TurboTwist is almost smooth/round or shaped like usual tendency (hexagonal, pentagonal...)

Love50
12-18-2009, 03:40 PM
- Pacific X-Force 17
- Signum Pro Tornado 17
- Weiss Cannon Scorpion 17
- Weiss Cannon Silverstring 17

I didn't care for X-Force at all. My vague recollection was that it was something to do with lack of feel and spin.

Tornado seemed ok but there wasn't anything special. I didn't play with it for long though. I agree with other folks that TurboTwist was more impressive in this category (twisted poly).

I do have both Scorpion and Silverstring but... :oops: have not tried them since I switched away from full poly.

TripleB
12-19-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks for all the input...just ordered two sets...one of Tecnifibre Black Code 17g and the other WeissCannon Scorpion 1.22.

TripleB

Mig1NC
12-20-2009, 01:47 AM
Cool! I just got my first set of TF black code 17 too! Picked it up from the stringer on Friday. I'm going to go try it out this afternoon.

I'm going to get a stick done up with Signum Pro next week and see how it works for me.

ClubHoUno
12-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Cool! I just got my first set of TF black code 17 too! Picked it up from the stringer on Friday. I'm going to go try it out this afternoon.

I'm going to get a stick done up with Signum Pro next week and see how it works for me.

Signum pro what :confused:

Hyperion or Tornado ?

Mig1NC
12-21-2009, 02:14 AM
Both, in a hybrid with tornado 1.23 in the mains and hyperion 1.18 in the crosses.

TennisandMusic
12-21-2009, 03:26 AM
I think black code is better than any of the signum stuff myself. Different strokes and all that. Better spin, hits a heavier ball etc.

Mig1NC
12-21-2009, 03:49 AM
Well, I didn't make it out to the court yesterday, but I'm taking a vacation day today. Hope to hit against the ball machine for a while and test out the Black Code.

A lot of people seem to like the Black Code 18, but there were so many reviews of the 17 that I decided to go that way.

Next week or two I should have my other stick done up with the SP strings to compare with.