PDA

View Full Version : Top Multi's full bed, thoughts?

10ACE
12-17-2009, 10:58 AM
I searched and didn't find a thread.

What do people recommend for a multi, full string job. and with a multi if you're use to using 18ga how do you feel about 16-17ga?

My initial consideration go to Gamma Live wire, and MSV soft touch, just wondering if some multi users out there have other suggestions. Live wire can get $$$.

I use, MSV Focus mostly, so just testing out some multi.

Thanks

schap02
12-17-2009, 11:02 AM

What do people recommend for a multi, full string job. and with a multi if you're use to using 18ga how do you feel about 16-17ga?

My initial consideration go to Gamma Live wire, and MSV soft touch, just wondering if some multi users out there have other suggestions. Live wire can get $$$.

Thanks
Pro Supex Maxim Touch

I have a ton of multis if you want to trade

tutors9@verizon.net

TripleB
12-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Yonex Tour Super 850...best multi for the money BAR NONE!!!

TripleB

10ACE
12-17-2009, 11:14 AM
I heard good things about the Pro Supex, I will test that out, never even knew Yonex made a multi!!!

Thanks guys, of course anymore suggestions is surely welcome!!

Netspirit
12-17-2009, 11:31 AM
I would start with the most popular multis like Tecnifibre X-1, NRG2, Wilson TXT Tour, Babolat XCel Power, Gamma Pro, Isospeed Pro.

Stick to the same gauge (for example, 17) when testing.

leafscat
12-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Yonex Tour Super 850...best multi for the money BAR NONE!!!

TripleB

+1 on the Yonex. My wife has been having some arm issues lately and I was planning on stringing her racquet (Volkl PB V1) with the Yonex 850 Pro. From what I have been reading though, NRG2 sounds like a good choice. Does anyone know how these might compare in terms of arm friendliness?

HitItHarder
12-17-2009, 11:46 AM
+1 on the Yonex. My wife has been having some arm issues lately and I was planning on stringing her racquet (Volkl PB V1) with the Yonex 850 Pro. From what I have been reading though, NRG2 sounds like a good choice. Does anyone know how these might compare in terms of arm friendliness?

According to the 2008 RSI testing, Yonex 850 Pro has a similar stiffness rating to NRG2 16. NRG2 17 and 18 have slightly softer ratings. Here is the link:

http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/issues/200809/200809allstrings.html

Netspirit
12-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Yonex 850 Pro. From what I have been reading though, NRG2 sounds like a good choice. Does anyone know how these might compare in terms of arm friendliness?

I have not tried the Yonex, but here is a quote from TW:

"Only one other playtest string has scored as high as NRG2 17 in overall playability (3.7), and no other synthetic string has yet come as close in feel (3.8)."

NRG2 feels great, but I personally prefer a bit crispier strings. X-1 helps me add some pop to my serve yet I do not have to work very hard to keep the ball in - the strings seem to bite the ball well.

Pre-stretching is said to be mandatory for all Tecnifibre strings.

10ACE
12-17-2009, 12:40 PM
I would start with the most popular multis like Tecnifibre X-1, NRG2, Wilson TXT Tour, Babolat XCel Power, Gamma Pro, Isospeed Pro.

Stick to the same gauge (for example, 17) when testing.

Great suggestion, I like Gamma Pro, keep hearing about the NRG2 good stiffness and doesn't fray that much.

86golf
12-17-2009, 03:54 PM
X-1, NRG2 and Wilson NXT are all good but pricey. The Tecnifibre E-matrix isn't bad once it breaks in.
X-1 is my fav but I can only get about 4 hours out of a set in a full bed.
Pro Supex Titan feels like a multi if you want to go on the cheap.

number.432
12-17-2009, 04:26 PM
X-1, NRG2 and Wilson NXT are all good but pricey. The Tecnifibre E-matrix isn't bad once it breaks in.
X-1 is my fav but I can only get about 4 hours out of a set in a full bed.
Pro Supex Titan feels like a multi if you want to go on the cheap.

Nah titan feels more like nylon with very little feel to it....nowhere close to being 'multi'.

Also try prince synthetic multifilament or the new prince LT.

ClubHoUno
12-17-2009, 04:28 PM
My favorites are:

1. Babolat Xcel Power - crispness, softness and power combined in one GREAT Prime Multi. In my view the best multi you can buy right now, only Natty gut is better than this string.

2. Tecnifibre X-One - a bit stiff the first two hours, then plays nice and crisp, but very powerfull.

2handsbothsides
12-17-2009, 06:18 PM
My favorites are:

1. Babolat Xcel Power - crispness, softness and power combined in one GREAT Prime Multi. In my view the best multi you can buy right now, only Natty gut is better than this string.

2. Tecnifibre X-One - a bit stiff the first two hours, then plays nice and crisp, but very powerfull.

These are both solid recommendations. Prince Premier with Softflex is also an excellent power string with very good feel for a bit less money. In my opinion non of the all multi string beds can touch the performance or tension maintenance of a Pacific Classic gut main and synthetic gut cross.

BobFL
12-17-2009, 06:26 PM

Thanks

I use full multis for a long time. I would suggest Gosen Remplir and Yonex 850 (they changed the string and the previous version was better)...

tennisINmyBLOOD
12-17-2009, 06:36 PM

Thanks

Live Wire Original is great. Feels the closest to natural gut in my opinion. I've heard Isospeed Professional is great too, so you may want to try that.

If you want a lower price, try Head Rip Control. It's a soft multifilament with the characteristics of a polyester (durability-wise). Good access to spin too. I used the 17 gauge (which is really 17L... 1.20 mm).

For me, 16 and 17 gauge just take away a little feel. It's noticeable, but not really a big deal for me. As long as the string has high playability, I'm fine with it. I actually prefer 17 gauge over 18... you get more feel with 18, but it feels too thin.

I recently tried Tecnifibre Multifeel 17. Although I have not used it in a full bed, it is a very soft feeling string, yet still crisp. $9.95 a set. I hybrid it on the mains with Gosen OG Sheep Micro 17 crosses.

Valjean
12-18-2009, 02:44 AM
....What do people recommend for a multi, full string job. and with a multi if you're use to using 18ga how do you feel about 16-17ga?

My initial consideration go to Gamma Live wire....
If you're just fishing around for a soft, comfortable stringbed that is moderately-priced, I'd try and start with Alpha's Gut 2000 (actually a pseudo-core rather than a multi), then go to Prince's Premier with Softflex, and top off at Tecnifibre's XR3. Tecnifibre's Multifeel has a core with softer wraps, which gives it better tension retention than most.

What I wouldn't bother with is any Gamma product (except their Fat Core and TNT RX, now discontinued though).

For me, the 17 gauge version is easier to adjust to than the 18, but that is coming to it from a 16. Dropping down from the 18, instead, is a lot easier, at least when you take one step at a time.

10ACE
01-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Nah titan feels more like nylon with very little feel to it....nowhere close to being 'multi'.

Also try prince synthetic multifilament or the new prince LT.

NRG2 18 strung at 60lbs ok? I string poly's at 60lbs, so just wondering what y'all think

Ripper014
01-07-2010, 10:05 AM
I have been testing a few multi's again... I was using a hybrid with the Gamma Revelation 17 and like it but the tension fell off way to quickly... I had a set of Alpha Gut 2000 16 that I had lying around and put it in one of my frames and so far it has played very well, but I would have perferred a thinner gauge. I believe TW sells the Alpha Gut 2000 18 which I would be very interesting in trying for $5.90 a set.

But I have just purchased a reel of the Pro Supex Maxim Touch 17, I have heard some very good things about this string and am eagerly awaiting its arrival... along with a reel of the Pro Supex Big Ace Micro 18L another string I cannot wait to test.

Not sure what I am going to do yet... I may do a full of each... or a hybrid or each in opposite setups.

I like the feel of thinner string... and with the 18L I will probably just up the tension 10%.

mikeler
01-07-2010, 10:11 AM
I just switched to Pro Supex Maxim Touch 17 to aid my comeback from Golfer's Elbow. It's hard to say how good the string is because I have it strung at the lowest tension for my arm. I think when my arm is fully healed and I can string higher I'm going to really love this string.

Blade0324
01-07-2010, 12:48 PM
My top reccommendations for full multi's are:

#1 Babolat Addiction
#2 Wilson NXT Tour
#3 Yonex 850 Pro
#4 Anything else

For me the top 3 are head and shoulders above most any other multi's out there. I find most of the others to be mostly mushy and springy. Also these are the only 3 mulit's I've tried that don't move around.
For this no string movement is one of the top priorities with strings. If they move around I cut them out, period.

Richie Rich
01-07-2010, 03:23 PM
the volkl catapult string TW is selling for $4.95 is an excellent multi for the money

tlm
01-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Lasrefibre pro stock is by far #1, then it is close between nxt tour, prince premier lt, yonex 850.

rudester
01-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Klip Excellerator is a very nice multi, as is Klip Venom

jazzyfunkybluesy
01-07-2010, 04:13 PM
I just switched to Pro Supex Maxim Touch 17 to aid my comeback from Golfer's Elbow. It's hard to say how good the string is because I have it strung at the lowest tension for my arm. I think when my arm is fully healed and I can string higher I'm going to really love this string.

I agree its really fricking good especially at 6 bucks a set. When your arm improves throw som BAM in the crosses for some great bite, control and spin.

Ripper014
01-07-2010, 05:33 PM
I agree its really fricking good especially at 6 bucks a set. When your arm improves throw som BAM in the crosses for some great bite, control and spin.

I am just waiting on my strings... but this is the setup I want to test (Maxim Touch 17 mains and Big Ace Micro 18L on the crosses). I was going to up my tension a little and it sounds like it is going to work out just fine.

I have a friend who just purchased a KPS88 but is struggling with the weight of the frame... this setup sounds like an ideal solution for him... now if I can just talk him into it.

Thanks...

JackB1
01-07-2010, 06:23 PM
what company makes Maxim Touch?

Richie Rich
01-07-2010, 06:53 PM
what company makes Maxim Touch?

pro supex....

10ACE
01-07-2010, 08:14 PM
pro supex....

just picked up some pro supex maxim touch and NRG2 18- I am going to string two racquets with a full bed of each and test them out.

My other two sticks have msv focus hex 17 and msv co focus 18.

Ripper014
01-07-2010, 10:07 PM
just picked up some pro supex maxim touch and NRG2 18- I am going to string two racquets with a full bed of each and test them out.

My other two sticks have msv focus hex 17 and msv co focus 18.

I look forward to your test results.

KenC
01-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Choosing your string setup is just as important as choosing your racquet. It pays to test a few in each class, like power, control, spin, etc. Don't rule out gut either.

As for gauge, the lower gauges make the racket more lively and playable. My suggestion is to first find a string you like, then go as low as you can with the tension while still hitting the ball in and with control, then go to the lowest gauge as you can so that the string breaks around the same time it loses its playability.

10ACE
01-19-2010, 12:44 PM

Well I have both now- just still have the MSV Focus Evo Hex in my frames now- love the string. I will try the Multi's soon

mikeler
01-19-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm a string breaker and the 17g Maxim Touch lasted me just as long as any 16g synthetic gut. This pushed me to buy a reel yesterday.

DavidGarcia
01-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Well I have both now- just still have the MSV Focus Evo Hex in my frames now- love the string. I will try the Multi's soon

How did you get on with the NRG2 vs Maxim Touch?

I have just now strung my first Maxim Touch job. I can confirm that the string stinks (as some other posters said before).

Stringing it and strung on the racket feels a lot like the NRG2.

Lets see now how it plays. I will compare it to the NRG2 and the Wilson Sensation which I have on my other frame.

mikeler
01-22-2010, 04:40 AM
How did you get on with the NRG2 vs Maxim Touch?

I have just now strung my first Maxim Touch job. I can confirm that the string stinks (as some other posters said before).

Stringing it and strung on the racket feels a lot like the NRG2.

Lets see now how it plays. I will compare it to the NRG2 and the Wilson Sensation which I have on my other frame.

What did you not like about the Maxim Touch?

ladude1957
01-22-2010, 05:20 AM
Lasrefibre pro stock is by far #1, then it is close between nxt tour, prince premier lt, yonex 850.

Is it possible to get LaserFibre strings?

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=275790

BigHitterSE
01-22-2010, 06:07 AM
Kirschbaum Touch Multifiber is as close to natural gut as it gets. 17g is as thin as it comes though.

DavidGarcia
01-22-2010, 06:46 AM
What did you not like about the Maxim Touch?

I do not know whether or not I like it. I only strung it onto my racket last night. I am testing it this weekened.

The strring feels pretty similar to the NRG, which I personally like a lot.

Have you played with Maxim Touch yourself?

PS, I meant to say on my previous post that the string smells very strong. Very unusual compared other strings which I have used in the past.

mikeler
01-22-2010, 06:57 AM
I do not know whether or not I like it. I only strung it onto my racket last night. I am testing it this weekened.

The strring feels pretty similar to the NRG, which I personally like a lot.

Have you played with Maxim Touch yourself?

PS, I meant to say on my previous post that the string smells very strong. Very unusual to compare other strings which I have used in the past.

LOL. I see what you meant now. I just bought a reel of the Maxim Touch 17g and don't plan on using anything else for the next 6 months until my elbow is 100% healed.

DavidGarcia
01-22-2010, 07:30 AM
LOL. I see what you meant now. I just bought a reel of the Maxim Touch 17g and don't plan on using anything else for the next 6 months until my elbow is 100% healed.

My girlfriend was not impressed with the smell that the string left on the kitchen. LOL.

Ripper014
01-22-2010, 08:14 AM
My string came a week ago... Pro Supex Big Ace Micro 18L and a reel of Pro Supex Maxim Touch 17.

I quickly strung up a racket and tested it... the BAM Micro in the mains and the Maxim Touch in the crosses. I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve it. The BAM Micro plays extremely crisp... and I knew I would love the Touch from the feel of the string as it came off the reel. I have yet to test the Touch on a full string job... but I am considering it. The BAM Micro/Maxim Touch combination is that good... do I need to test further is the question I keep asking myself.

mikeler
01-22-2010, 09:12 AM
My string came a week ago... Pro Supex Big Ace Micro 18L and a reel of Pro Supex Maxim Touch 17.

I quickly strung up a racket and tested it... the BAM Micro in the mains and the Maxim Touch in the crosses. I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve it. The BAM Micro plays extremely crisp... and I knew I would love the Touch from the feel of the string as it came off the reel. I have yet to test the Touch on a full string job... but I am considering it. The BAM Micro/Maxim Touch combination is that good... do I need to test further is the question I keep asking myself.

I'll be curious about the durability since I've never used 18g before.

mikeler
01-22-2010, 09:13 AM
My girlfriend was not impressed with the smell that the string left on the kitchen. LOL.

I have my stringer in the bedroom and did not get any comments from the wife :)

Ripper014
01-22-2010, 10:51 AM
I'll be curious about the durability since I've never used 18g before.

Me too... but I am not a big string breaker. But since I strung my racket I have done the same setup for 3 other people. So far they all love it... and not just a little.

I have only played with the setup for about an hour... I promised myself I would not cut out the string on my other frame... I finally broke it, and started playing with the BAM Micro/Maxim Touch setup, like I said it was a bit of an adjustment. But the feel is crisp, I get lots of spin... and all the power I need.

I am playing tonight... but thanks to a very generous person on this forum... I restrung my other racket with Blue Star... and will be testing it tonight. I must say I am impressed so far with the string... I have been using a dampener since the late 70's and after putting the Blue Star on the frame it didn't seem like I needed it.

But I will try and remember to update you when I pop the string. Oh and it is not 18... it is 18 light close to 19ga.

JT_2eighty
01-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Recently tried Head RIP intellitour, but with the RIP feel in the mains (opposite their packaging suggestions). Also, it says the RIP feel was a shorter length because it is cut for crosses, but even in my 18x20, had enough to fill the mains.

That said, what an amazing, soft, LOW-powered, great control string setup. Used it for a doubles match and i was putting my volleys on a dime, the only lacking thing there is power (supply your own, good to go) as the comfort was great (very close to gut which i've been using a lot of lately). Best control from a soft string I've ever seen.

Based on this thread and some others, next tries will be alphagut 18g ($6 !), yonex 850, & maxim touch. I also noticed RIP feel (i.e. Intellitour cross) is the least-stiff non-gut on the racquettech lab test lists.

DavidGarcia
01-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Guys,

I tested the Maxim Touch 16g in full job at 27kg/59lbs today for one hour,I only knocked some tennis balls with a friends.

First impressions are very good. Nice pop, nice touch, feel and control. Power was also fine for me. People say that is underpowered but I did not feel that was an issue on my game.

I will play some doubles tomorrow. I will report on durability later on this week.

By the way, I am a 4.5/5.0 player, hitting with plenty of top spin.

coyfish
01-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Any decent multis with the best durability. I use gamma live wire 16 (my favorite) but it breaks in 6-7 hours hybrid with poly. A full bed of that would break just looking at it lol.

I ordered some prince sythetic gut 16 (most popular string in the world according to TW) to try crossed with poly on the mains.

Hominator
01-22-2010, 02:12 PM
I play with a relatively stiff frame and really like the feel of Wilson NXT 17. I've tried Wilson NXT Tour 18, but nothing seems to compare to the softness of the original NXT, especially in a stiff frame. That said, strings, like frames, are such a subjective choice.

I enjoy NXT in Babolat Pure Drive Roddick GTs and Volkl Power Bridge 8s.

1st Seed
01-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Coy^^ Try Tecnifibre NRG very durable multi.My Hitting partner has been using it in the Mains crossed with SPPP and still has yet to pop.That was 2 months ago,hits four times a week.Worth every penny I buy it in reels.Test it out

I use it to cross my Tonic mains.Very Durable crisp set up.

Also Head Rip is quite durable for an afforadable Multi.Good string.

jonaron
01-22-2010, 03:18 PM
the volkl catapult string TW is selling for $4.95 is an excellent multi for the money

Yeah. Excellent string in many ways and a bargain. I find it comporable or better than most of the 10-20 dollar multis.

mikeler
01-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Any decent multis with the best durability. I use gamma live wire 16 (my favorite) but it breaks in 6-7 hours hybrid with poly. A full bed of that would break just looking at it lol.

I ordered some prince sythetic gut 16 (most popular string in the world according to TW) to try crossed with poly on the mains.

My Maxim Touch lasted about as long as a 16g synthetic gut. Of course, I'm using a smaller head size and 16x20 pattern now so I'm sure that helped.

coyfish
01-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Cool thanks guys. Ill give those a shot. Ive been switching up my poly's but I have been using live wire 16 for a while now.

mikeler
01-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Cool thanks guys. Ill give those a shot. Ive been switching up my poly's but I have been using live wire 16 for a while now.

I just bought a reel, so if you want to try some just text me and we'll meet up somewhere.

coyfish
01-22-2010, 06:29 PM
I just bought a reel, so if you want to try some just text me and we'll meet up somewhere.

Will do. Appreciate it. Im almost done with my reel of live wire so when I finish ill hit you up.

DavidGarcia
01-23-2010, 12:21 AM
Yeah. Excellent string in many ways and a bargain. I find it comporable or better than most of the 10-20 dollar multis.

Enjoy until it lasts you guys because it has been discontinued. TW run out of this string and I think it was the only place still selling it.

Ripper014
01-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Ok... I played with the BAM and Maxim Touch setup for the second time yesterday night... so I have but in about 3 hours of play with it. I am not a big topspin hitter as a rule... but I have noticed that with the thin gauge string I am really fluffing up the ball. I have also noticed that the BAM looks like it is holding up well... the Maxim Touch is already notching pretty good. My guess is that if I were to use this racket exclusively... I would snap the string on a regular basis... every 10-15 hours or so. Great setup though.

Anyone else eating up the Maxim Touch 17?

mikeler
01-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Ok... I played with the BAM and Maxim Touch setup for the second time yesterday night... so I have but in about 3 hours of play with it. I am not a big topspin hitter as a rule... but I have noticed that with the thin gauge string I am really fluffing up the ball. I have also noticed that the BAM looks like it is holding up well... the Maxim Touch is already notching pretty good. My guess is that if I were to use this racket exclusively... I would snap the string on a regular basis... every 10-15 hours or so. Great setup though.

When I used Big Ace with synthetic guts that had any kind of texture it would eat them alive. Not sure about BAM since I've never used that.

jazzyfunkybluesy
01-25-2010, 12:32 PM

I liked that setup but found more control and less comfort with full BAM. Now I play with full Cyber Flash 1.25. I swear I can place my serves on a dime. I cannot believe the amount of control it provides but less comfort.

10ACE
01-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Coy^^ Try Tecnifibre NRG very durable multi.My Hitting partner has been using it in the Mains crossed with SPPP and still has yet to pop.That was 2 months ago,hits four times a week.Worth every penny I buy it in reels.Test it out

I use it to cross my Tonic mains.Very Durable crisp set up.

Also Head Rip is quite durable for an afforadable Multi.Good string.

Ok- Cut out the MSV EVO Hex today and strung up the NRG2 1.18ga at 63lbs.

I will hit with it Sunday- looking forward to it. Still waiting to string up the Maxim touch

10ACE
01-31-2010, 12:22 PM

Ok so hit with the NRG2 1.18ga today strung at 63lb 18x20 95 head- right off the bat the string is effortless to create pace even at 63. Comfortable and great bite too especially on the back hand slice. Since I mostly use MSV Focus 1.18- I did notice that I had to fine tune some when the NRG2 allowed more power.

One complaint I guess- 5 minutes, not even, into hitting my stings were moving quite radically- even at 63lbs. Not enough for me to warrant not using it.

I liked the ease of hitting with this string, comfort wise, bite, and touch- Touch was fantastic at the net.

Overall as a full bed I am impressed- my next test is the Maxim Touch-

mikeler
01-31-2010, 01:08 PM
My 2nd stick with the Maxim 17 made it 11 sets of singles and 1 set of doubles before breaking this morning. For a string breaker like me, this is very good. The strings don't move much either. I'm going to start increasing the tension as my elbow gets better. The low tension combined with using a crank machine gives me the trampoline effect at times. Looking forward to testing it when I have more control.

rudester
01-31-2010, 01:38 PM
1.Yonex Tour super 850
2.X-1 Biphase
3.Prince Premier LT
4.Klip Venom

Great Bargain Strings
1.Tecnifibre MultiFeel
2.Gosen OG Sheep

10ACE
02-13-2010, 07:17 AM
My 2nd stick with the Maxim 17 made it 11 sets of singles and 1 set of doubles before breaking this morning. For a string breaker like me, this is very good. The strings don't move much either. I'm going to start increasing the tension as my elbow gets better. The low tension combined with using a crank machine gives me the trampoline effect at times. Looking forward to testing it when I have more control.

After using the NRG2 18ga at 63- I think next time I will go up to 65lbs. The comfort of the string and bite was impressive, however, after it loosened up, I couldn't use my natural swing power like I can with my poly set up.

Using this full bed NRG2 1.18 it was very easy to be consistent, getting good feel for depth at a regular power tempo, nothing too drastic just ease of stroke. I would say anyone looking for a comfort, touch full multi set up, then this would be a great string. Interesting to note, the first time I hit with this the strings moved all over the place, however two days later when I picked it up to hit, the strings didn't move as much perhaps due to settling.

c_hari_c
02-13-2010, 09:05 PM
After using the NRG2 18ga at 63- I think next time I will go up to 65lbs. The comfort of the string and bite was impressive, however, after it loosened up, I couldn't use my natural swing power like I can with my poly set up.

Using this full bed NRG2 1.18 it was very easy to be consistent, getting good feel for depth at a regular power tempo, nothing too drastic just ease of stroke. I would say anyone looking for a comfort, touch full multi set up, then this would be a great string. Interesting to note, the first time I hit with this the strings moved all over the place, however two days later when I picked it up to hit, the strings didn't move as much perhaps due to settling.

I have ordered NRG2 18 from TW and waiting for it to arrive. I have Babolat PSL which is 18x20 pattern in a 95 head. I cannot wait to get out and try this string.

10ACE
02-17-2010, 06:09 AM
I have ordered NRG2 18 from TW and waiting for it to arrive. I have Babolat PSL which is 18x20 pattern in a 95 head. I cannot wait to get out and try this string.

Awesome- report back on how you liked it, if you don't mind.

JackB1
02-17-2010, 06:20 AM
Prince Premiere LT is a great multi that gets little love around here. Good power and nice and soft.

10ACE
03-10-2010, 07:07 AM

???? What did you think? I thought it was a great full bed set up- lost tension on me sort of fast- but great feel- bite- touch- strings moved the first day but then settled in- great string for someone who wants power with the ability of control

c_hari_c
03-27-2010, 10:18 AM
???? What did you think? I thought it was a great full bed set up- lost tension on me sort of fast- but great feel- bite- touch- strings moved the first day but then settled in- great string for someone who wants power with the ability of control

I managed to hit with NRG2 18 last night. It was a great feeling. My only downside to using 18g is it will break in 4 or 5 hours for me. I cannot afford that cost unless I buy a cheap stringer and string myself. I might try some 17g string like prince premier softflex 17 or the NRG2 17.

kcjim
03-27-2010, 07:26 PM
I switched from poly-muti hybrid to full multifiliment this year. Currently using live wire pro on the mains and prince premier on the crosses. Works well, with controllable power and good feel. Live wire has a bit more power than I want, Premier has a bit less. Together, at 58lbs, they seem perfect. Spin generation is less than the polys provided, but not bad. Someone else suggested gamma tnt and I agree that that might be a great solution for you. good power and real good spin (I always noticed all the green fuzz sticking to the tnt crosses in my hybrids. something about that string really bites the ball)-- If i had a reel of it I might have used tnt myself.

10ACE
03-29-2010, 12:30 PM
I managed to hit with NRG2 18 last night. It was a great feeling. My only downside to using 18g is it will break in 4 or 5 hours for me. I cannot afford that cost unless I buy a cheap stringer and string myself. I might try some 17g string like prince premier softflex 17 or the NRG2 17.

I switched from poly-muti hybrid to full multifiliment this year. Currently using live wire pro on the mains and prince premier on the crosses. Works well, with controllable power and good feel. Live wire has a bit more power than I want, Premier has a bit less. Together, at 58lbs, they seem perfect. Spin generation is less than the polys provided, but not bad. Someone else suggested gamma tnt and I agree that that might be a great solution for you. good power and real good spin (I always noticed all the green fuzz sticking to the tnt crosses in my hybrids. something about that string really bites the ball)-- If i had a reel of it I might have used tnt myself.

Yeah it is pricey for a string that looses tension quite fast.

The Gamma TNT is quit good and sort of has a similar look as the NRG2
I think Gamma is a decent string some say it's horrible but what eva

JackB1
03-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Another great multi that gets little hype is Gamma Professional.

FedHammer
03-29-2010, 01:47 PM
Haven't tried a ton of multi's but my faves are:

1) Babolat Addiction
2)X-1 BiPhase
3)Gamma TNT

coloskier
03-30-2010, 11:00 AM
I love Head Rip Control 17. Very soft string, very low powered, great control, good access to spin. If you like a stiff string or a high powered string, you won't like this string.