PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L String

Knightmace
12-17-2009, 03:32 PM
I've heard so many mixed reviews on this strings and it's the most popular on the pro tour, but what are all the good effects and negative effects? Like what kind of player does this suit. I know it's durable but from what I've heard durable strings don't have much feel, comfort or power?

Advice would be nice

Knightmace
12-17-2009, 04:53 PM
bump.............

number.432
12-17-2009, 05:28 PM
bump.............
First of you should give people some time to respond.

I've heard so many mixed reviews on this strings and it's the most popular on the pro tour, but what are all the good effects and negative effects? Like what kind of player does this suit. I know it's durable but from what I've heard durable strings don't have much feel, comfort or power?

Advice would be nice

It suits advanced player who can swing fast/supply their own power. Assuming control is already there.

Feel,Comfort,Power = not poly forte.

Polyester was more for durability, faster swing speed, and presumably spin (which I can't completely concur with) :neutral:

15-0
12-17-2009, 05:32 PM
For a poly alu power is one of the most powerful but still, its a poly, dont expect as much power as natural gut or a multi. Not the most comfortable poly either but still a great poly does have good spin not as much as the rough version obviously. Suits advanced players with a fast swing without it theres no use bying it.

DownTheLine
12-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Best string I've ever used.

davidahenry
12-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Best string I've ever used.

Agreed. (I play with Alu Power Rough though.)

When fresh, I have yet to find a better string for my game than Alu Power Rough. It helps me to get so much spin/action on the ball, and it has an almost magical crispness to it.

It does lose playability quickly though - I get about six good hours out of a set.

If you have fast racquet head speed and play with a decent amount of topspin, then give it a try. I think you'll love it.

Take care.

DH

Knightmace
12-17-2009, 10:25 PM
For a poly alu power is one of the most powerful but still, its a poly, dont expect as much power as natural gut or a multi. Not the most comfortable poly either but still a great poly does have good spin not as much as the rough version obviously. Suits advanced players with a fast swing without it theres no use bying it.
what's a multi

Knightmace
12-18-2009, 12:00 AM
what do you mean multi?

PED
12-18-2009, 07:49 AM
what do you mean multi?

A multi-filament string: very very soft like NRG2 or Wilson NXT. Very nice feel but quite low on the durability side.

Richie Rich
12-18-2009, 08:26 AM
alu is the best string in the world for the first 2 hours of play. by 10 hours it's dead.

Knightmace
12-18-2009, 08:11 PM
more advice please

Deodorant
12-18-2009, 08:16 PM
buy it, try it, see if you like it? simple?
with lux bb alu its hit or miss.