PDA

View Full Version : staying motivated during your game

itracbui3
12-17-2009, 05:41 PM
i tend to loose interest in the set im playing after the first couple of games. after the first couple of games, i get bored so my game dropped big time. it's like impossible for me to get back to the top of my game. after loosing, i get lecture by my old team captain which get me hyper and then my game drastically got better and i can keep that the whole set. whats some ways i can stay motivated through out the whole game without getting lectured by someone?

LeeD
12-17-2009, 05:45 PM
The only way I can stay motivated is to play first strike, aggressive go for broke tennis. If I start slicing and topspinning my first serves, I'll lose interest and look for a bad boring book.
Once my SW forehand slaps it 8' over the net and arcs down, I should be headed for the stands.
Maybe try some specific shots that keep you interested.

itracbui3
12-17-2009, 05:51 PM
The only way I can stay motivated is to play first strike, aggressive go for broke tennis. If I start slicing and topspinning my first serves, I'll lose interest and look for a bad boring book.
Once my SW forehand slaps it 8' over the net and arcs down, I should be headed for the stands.
Maybe try some specific shots that keep you interested.

ill try to hit some shots that would keep me want to play. i also tend to lose interest and kinda give up when my opponent is not trying their best and expect me to bring up their game. what should i do to take the game more serious when that happen?

LeeD
12-18-2009, 03:53 PM
If you stuck playing doubles, you can only control your game, so relax, allow your partner to make silly mistakes. He's only killing himself.
But when it's your turn to hit the ball, try your best to hit your best shots, which is all you can control.

Blake0
02-06-2010, 11:09 AM
That's more of a concentration issue. Change your mind set. If you're playing a bad player and getting bored, focus on ending the match quickly instead of just playing around and losing concentration.

HunterST
02-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Do you want to improve your game and mental toughness?
Do you want to start winning matches you always lost?
Learn how to stay motivated:
Click Here (http://sny213.menco.hop.clickbank.net/) to start winning matches right now!

Can we please get this spam account banned??

Zachol82
02-06-2010, 11:37 AM
i tend to loose interest in the set im playing after the first couple of games. after the first couple of games, i get bored so my game dropped big time. it's like impossible for me to get back to the top of my game. after loosing, i get lecture by my old team captain which get me hyper and then my game drastically got better and i can keep that the whole set. whats some ways i can stay motivated through out the whole game without getting lectured by someone?

Try playing better opponents if you're losing interest from playing weaker opponents.

If that's not the case, shouldn't winning the match be motivational enough in itself? You owe it to your opponent to play your best. You owe it to yourself to play your best, since it's going to suck if you lose without even trying your best.

LeeD
02-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Win ASAP, then have a tall cool one.
Oh no, not an alcoholic beverage, I mean a tall cool one.

Solat
02-06-2010, 05:55 PM
very simple go play another sport, if your bored after 4 games of tennis then maybe you're in the wrong sport?