PDA

View Full Version : Head I-Prestige Mid - is it a classic?

AndrewD
12-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Or is it just a decent racquet ?

Either way, what would one be worth in mint condition and one in 9.5 condition ?

jxs653
12-17-2009, 07:09 PM
In my mind, it is a classic. It is just as good as-if not better than-the dark-red prestiges (Trisys 300 & Prestige tour).

khw72004
12-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Oh its a classic. One of the best feeling prestige made

AndrewD
12-17-2009, 11:04 PM
In my mind, it is a classic. It is just as good as-if not better than-the dark-red prestiges (Trisys 300 & Prestige tour).

Oh its a classic. One of the best feeling prestige made

So what's it worth - mint and 9/10 condition ?

roundiesee
12-18-2009, 12:21 AM
I do agree that it should be a classic, but a "modern-day" one, not the same as the older classics like the PC600 or the older Heads. I would probably pay about 150 USD for a used one in good condition, and about 200 USD for a mint, never been used one.

ipitythefool
12-18-2009, 02:09 AM
I do agree that it should be a classic, but a "modern-day" one, not the same as the older classics like the PC600 or the older Heads. I would probably pay about 150 USD for a used one in good condition, and about 200 USD for a mint, never been used one.

And how much would you pay if it is a PC600 with an I.Prestige PJ? :)

jimbo333
12-18-2009, 03:45 AM
And how much would you pay if it is a PC600 with an I.Prestige PJ? :)

Ask Goran:twisted:

AndrewD
12-18-2009, 04:16 AM
I would probably pay about 150 USD for a used one in good condition, and about 200 USD for a mint, never been used one.

Really?

Nice to know what they're worth, roughly, but I'd never ask more than I paid for them ($150 Australian/$135US) - although I might only want to sell them as a pair.

s_andrean
12-18-2009, 04:26 AM
I use the mid XL... great sticks! The feeling when you crack it just right on the sweetspot is amazing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOyJx8-EWQ0

Them in use ;)

MichaelChang
12-18-2009, 05:56 AM
I would probably pay about 150 USD for a used one in good condition, and about 200 USD for a mint, never been used one.

that sounds too much.

pshulam
12-18-2009, 06:23 AM
the ongoing price of an i-prestige in 8/10 condition is about $100 at the auction site. An unused one might go for $150. You can always start at $200 and see what the market responses.

Virginia
12-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Nice to know what they're worth, roughly, but I'd never ask more than I paid for them ($150 Australian/$135US) - although I might only want to sell them as a pair.
Andrew, just because you got them for a good price (relatively speaking), doesn't mean you can't hope to get more, if their value goes up. If you sell them separately, you'll likely get a better price.

If it were me, I'd sell one and keep the other.

Just imagine - I got my original Prestige Pro for NZ$5, I'd be insane to sell it for less than US$250. Not that I would sell it of course. :twisted:

pshulam
12-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Just imagine - I got my original Prestige Pro for NZ$5,
Please let us know when another one comes along at that price.

AndrewD
12-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Andrew, just because you got them for a good price (relatively speaking), doesn't mean you can't hope to get more, if their value goes up. If you sell them separately, you'll likely get a better price.

If it were me, I'd sell one and keep the other.

Just imagine - I got my original Prestige Pro for NZ$5, I'd be insane to sell it for less than US$250. Not that I would sell it of course. :twisted:

Virginia,

I guess you can colour me insane. I'm not a collector and just don't have that mentality so I'd rather have two less frames than two I don't use. The only ones I keep are those with a personal significance, like my Stellar Centrecourt.

I also found an original 87' Prestige Pro at an op shop in Melbourne. Racquet would have been in 9/10 condition then and I paid about $25Aus. The only reason I wouldn't sell it now is that it's been used so heavily I can't see it being worth much to anyone.

Here's a couple of pics of the i-Prestige frames:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/AndrewDtw/Picture001.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/AndrewDtw/Picture004.jpg

and here's a couple of the Prestige Pro:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/AndrewDtw/Picture010.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/AndrewDtw/Picture011.jpg

Virginia
12-19-2009, 10:25 AM
I also found an original 87' Prestige Pro at an op shop in Melbourne. Racquet would have been in 9/10 condition then and I paid about $25Aus. The only reason I wouldn't sell it now is that it's been used so heavily I can't see it being worth much to anyone.
Oh I don't know about that - from the photo it looks pretty good except for needing a new grip. I guess you've played with it a fair bit - isn't it a wonderful racquet?

The only reason I stopped playing with mine, was that sand from the court was getting into the cap grommet strip and it's quite hard to remove. Besides which, I didn't want to risk any damage to it.

AndrewD
12-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Oh I don't know about that - from the photo it looks pretty good except for needing a new grip. I guess you've played with it a fair bit - isn't it a wonderful racquet?

The only reason I stopped playing with mine, was that sand from the court was getting into the cap grommet strip and it's quite hard to remove. Besides which, I didn't want to risk any damage to it.

It's the best racquet I have ever used and that includes the Max200G. Fortunately, I found mine (passed over two Head Graphite Pros - think that was the name- they also had) when I'd moved from the dirt courts of Melbourne to the hard courts of Brisbane.

Funny thing is, when I was a promising junior I recall being asked whether or not I wanted to switch to using the Prestige Pro (until that point I'd been sponsored by Stellar then Dunlop) and I turned it down in favour of sticking with my Max200G.

Virginia
12-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Oh well, I think they'd run neck and neck in the "best playing racquet" stakes. I love my 200G's too. :)

AndrewD
12-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Oh well, I think they'd run neck and neck in the "best playing racquet" stakes. I love my 200G's too. :)

Overall, I'd take the Prestige Pro but I still love the Max200G. Kind of a pity that I didn't have any left over from juniors but at least they all went (warped or broken - never thrown, just broken) playing the game.

If you know of anyone who'd be interested in the iPrestige Mids, let me know.