PDA

View Full Version : top spin best string

velkov
12-18-2009, 03:37 AM
which string you will recommend for top spin play. i've been told Babolat Pro Hurricane is the best one. presently i use babolat conquest rough 1.35 for my head liquidmetal radical mp. what would you say ? what tension and it's 1.3 or 1.25 is better choice ???

davidahenry
12-18-2009, 07:47 PM
It is tough to definitively say which string is best for spin for you. It depends on your style of play. For me, Luxilon Big Banger Alu Power Rough provides insane spin/action. I have fast racquet head speed and like to take big, full swings on my groundies. Alu fits my game nicely.

If you have a similar style, you should at least give it a try once and see how you like it.

Take care.

DH

15-0
12-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Thinner strings will give more topspin so the 1.25 will give more spin than the 1.30 also try textured string and string with a more hexagonal shape. Alu rough is great for spin, but only use it if you have a fast swing speed.

lawlitssoo1n
12-18-2009, 10:56 PM
pro supex blue gear 1.25 is THE spin string

Valjean
12-19-2009, 06:57 AM
If you're used to nylon now, then try out Wilson's new hexagonal one, Super Spin, and avoid the pain poly can bring you.

Mr. Blond
12-19-2009, 07:10 AM
If you're used to nylon now, then try out Wilson's new hexagonal one, Super Spin, and avoid the pain poly can bring you.

Good suggestion....just monitor the tension, I find that super spin will move around a good bit on you. Then again, if your using nylon now super spin will be a vast improvement.

Valjean
12-19-2009, 08:26 AM
If you find that strings move significantly on you, you can change your string tension(s), stringing frequency, stringer, racquet, string, and/or install string savers.