PDA

View Full Version : Nice but cheaper string for Kblade Tour (more power)?

uofmrocky
12-18-2009, 05:00 AM
Well i just upgraded rackets from my 11 year old Hyper Prostaff 5.0. The Tour definately doesn't have the power that my prostaff's did..but what type of string could I use to upgrade the power a bit. I currently use just regular prince sythetic gut 16g. I do string my own rackets..but I don't want anything really expensive. Any suggestions?

schap02
12-18-2009, 05:21 AM
Well i just upgraded rackets from my 11 year old Hyper Prostaff 5.0. The Tour definately doesn't have the power that my prostaff's did..but what type of string could I use to upgrade the power a bit. I currently use just regular prince sythetic gut 16g. I do string my own rackets..but I don't want anything really expensive. Any suggestions?

Hey Rocky - Not sure how expensive you want but NRG2 17 Hybrid w/ your syn gut has a great feel in the tour string mains around 55

Avergaes about $10 a frame for strings since you do your own labor

I also like prince Multi and Pro Supex maxim touch strung around 54 lbs in mains - that drops your cost to about $6 a frame

Tutors9@verizon.net if you need some sets to try.

uofmrocky
12-18-2009, 07:16 AM
Thanks..I've never strung a racket using 2 piece. I guess I'd have to learn how to do that first!

Steve Huff
12-18-2009, 05:19 PM
The NRG2 strings are nice, but relatively expensive. You might want to try Head's Fibergel Power or Alpha's Prodigy. They both have good power. Even cheaper is Pro Supex's Maxim Touch, especially if you buy by the reel. I'd try a set first though, just in case you don't like it.