PDA

View Full Version : anyone play with Weiss Cannon Explosiv...

sequoia
12-18-2009, 08:33 AM
Wondering how is lasts compared to some of the other Multis

nrg2
nxt
max touch ...

just strung up a racket and it was really elastic to string which I think will equate to great pop .....just worried Ill break it in a day.....

NRG2 lasts me about 3 days.... hoping to get a week out this one ...might be dreaming ....

strung at 65 in oversize racket ...

Love50
12-18-2009, 06:12 PM
I suspect it will last you about as long as the other multis... :)

The set that I tried earlier this year seemed to lose some degree of control after a few hours.

davidahenry
12-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Don't know - sorry. I strung up Explosiv! about 1.5 years ago and played with it on about three occasions before cutting it out. It was super soft in the hands while stringing, had decent feel and power, but man... It was certainly not a spin-generator. I play with a great deal of top, and I really had to work it with Explosiv! in order to generate my usual level of spin. It just didn't suit my game at all.

Shortly after trying Explosiv!, I switched to Alu Power Rough and haven't looked back since!

Take care.

DH

schwuller
12-18-2009, 07:11 PM
i am a soft poly player, but i did string up a k90 with some explosiv! just to give it a try. i was impressed, and although the string is not for me, i did really like it more than any other multi i have used. for me it lasted 8 hours or so, about the same as any other multi. i liked the fact that it hit the same from the time it was strung until it broke!

parasailing
12-20-2009, 12:08 AM
I use this string at 55lbs on my K90 racquet and it plays great. It is soft on the arm, has good power, holds tension well.

The only thing I don't like about the strings is that it has a very strong odor, smells like some sort of chemical.

Casco
12-24-2009, 05:39 PM
I've used Explosive; it's soft but not very powerful. So it's a good string to soften the impact of a stiff racquet while still taming the power of the stiff racquet. It has a coating which protects the string from wear and also seems a little "rubbery" which I think helps with traction on the ball. When the coating wears the string will break shortly thereafter.

hoodjem
12-25-2009, 08:17 AM
I tried Explosiv, and I didn't like it at all. Yes it's soft , but many strings are soft. The thing I did not like was the feel and the sound: it was surprisingly muted in both categories.

Regarding the sound, I like my string to ping or zing when I hit the ball. The WC Explosiv hardly made any sound, just a dull whump (like it had four dampeners in it).

Worse was the feel, practically none.

Needless to say I liked Maxim Touch or Volkl PF II or NRG2 (even Wilson Sensation 1.25) much better, soft and good feel.

rippatennis777
12-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Explosiv is nothing special. these are a little better: NRG2, NXT and Max Touch.