PDA

View Full Version : NRG2 or X-One Biphase ?

DNA2002
12-18-2009, 12:32 PM
I am using NRG2-17G for my new racket, Wilson K Blade Tour 93SQ mid. Absolutely, fantastic.

But I am curios how about the Blade with X-One Biphase 17G? Actually I used x-one for my old racket, Head Microgel Prestiage Midplus. The X-one is overall good, but not impressive. You know two of them are released from same company, Technifibre.

But I am wondering that two of them is not exactly same one. What difference are there between two. Which one provides more feel and touch? Why do you use one of two? Particularly I want to hear from those who used both of them on same racket.

Any comments, appreciated!

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
12-19-2009, 09:07 AM
For me, NRG2 is a bit more control orientated and the x-one (great strng) gives MORE feel and MORE power, but i did lose a bit of control.

KenC
12-19-2009, 10:51 AM
I read somewhere (probably here) that X-One is just heat treated NRG2 and the two do play similarly. NRG2 has an edge on softness while X-One is a crisp playing string.

TennezSport
12-19-2009, 11:25 AM
I read somewhere (probably here) that X-One is just heat treated NRG2 and the two do play similarly. NRG2 has an edge on softness while X-One is a crisp playing string.

It's a little more than just heat treatment as the bundles and coatings are a little different also. But you are correct in the X1BP is a stiffer crisper version of NRG2 (according to our Tec rep) to get closer to the feel of Nat Gut.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

DrpShot!
12-21-2009, 07:14 AM
It's a little more than just heat treatment as the bundles and coatings are a little different also. But you are correct in the X1BP is a stiffer crisper version of NRG2 (according to our Tec rep) to get closer to the feel of Nat Gut.

IMHO NRG2 feels and plays more like natty. X1BP not so much. Its more like a soft poly or crisp multi. It doesn't fray, doesn't have the touch, feedback or power of natty.

86golf
12-21-2009, 06:43 PM
IMHO NRG2 feels and plays more like natty. X1BP not so much. Its more like a soft poly or crisp multi. It doesn't fray, doesn't have the touch, feedback or power of natty.

Funny how opinions differ on these two strings. I like them both, but prefer X-1 however it only lasts about 6 hours. And yes, it frays. My racquet will look like I've been mauling rabbits after the 4 hour mark. If you've ever strung X-1, crisp doesn't come to mind. This stuff is like weaving overcooked spaghetti. And to compare X-1 to poly, is just crazy. I've actually gotten a lot more play time from natural gut than X-1. NRG2 is more durable by a factor of 2.

davidahenry
12-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Like others have stated, X-One is more crisp and definitely more powerful. (When I playtested it about 1.5 years ago, it was too powerful for my liking - even at 65 lbs.)

NRG2 feels softer to me.

Of the two, I'd personally choose NRG2.

ClubHoUno
12-21-2009, 07:31 PM
I've tested them both and ended up preferring......Babolat Xcel Power, because the Xcel Power gives me the best of the two Tecnifibre strings in one string for my game.

I never use a full bed of multi, because I prefer to hybrid it with a CoPoly.
NRG2 to me feels a bit softer and have a more uniform power feel from start to finish.
The X-One starts out feeling a bit stiff, then turn softer and softer, and becomes VERY POWERFULL - almost too powerfull.

NRG2 feels and behaves more like Natty gut, but I don't play with a multi for it to behave like Natty gut. Natty gut is not possible to copy, so I chose the multi that I liked the most and after the greatest multi ever stoppede being made, Laserfibre Supernatural Gut Prostock, I tested Prime Multis for 3 months and my overall favorite is Babolat Xcel Power.

It's not as powerfull as X-One, frays less, and has a more crisp feel, while still being very soft on the arm.

But both X-One and NRG2 are FANTASTIC Prime Multis and one person may prefer one over the other for minor reasons......

Bottom line is that both the NRG2 and X-One are one heck of two Prime Multi strings.

NRG2 starts out with a bit more power, but the X-One turn into a ROCKET LAUNCHER and therefore I prefer the NRG2, but It's a very close call. The fact that you can get the NRG2 in reels also makes it more interesting, if you use them in Hybrids like I do.

jsomrak
12-22-2009, 06:08 AM
NRG is much better! X-one is poop! Too powerful, spongy even at high tensions, spin is ok, expensive. Yada yada yada!