PDA

View Full Version : topspin cyberflash 17L recommendation

ckledzepplin
12-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Hi I've been looking for and affordable poly with good acess to spin, and not too hard on the elbow. and this string was recomended to me. I use a k90 with wilson sensation 16 at 55lbs and a 1hbh and an eastern grip forehand. I have had TE but I recently took a break in order to heal it. before my break I have used signum hex poly with no problems with my te. do you think cyberflash would be a good option? and should i drop my tension if is switch

[d]ragon
12-18-2009, 11:57 AM
CF is pretty soft if you string it low. If you used Signum Hextreme before without a problem, I doubt you'd have a problem with CF. Try it at the same tension as what you used with the Signum

hoodjem
12-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Hi I've been looking for and affordable poly with good acess to spin, and not too hard on the elbow. and this string was recomended to me. I use a k90 with wilson sensation 16 at 55lbs and a 1hbh and an eastern grip forehand. I have had TE but I recently took a break in order to heal it. before my break I have used signum hex poly with no problems with my te. do you think cyberflash would be a good option? and should i drop my tension if is switchI believe that it VERY MUCH depends on how healed you are from the TE. IF you are not completely and entirely healed, I say say away from any polys.

I love poly hybrids. One of my very favorites was CF 1.20 and Sensation 1.25 crosses. But I had TE this past July, and right now (Dec.) I would not consider using a hybrid . . . yet. (I still experience twinges of that inner forearm tendon pain.) I am sticking with gut/multi hybrids till next summer, at least.

Here are the stiffness ratings--
Signum Pro Plasma Hextreme 1.25 Polyester 1.25 246
Signum Pro Plasma Hextreme 1.30 Polyester 1.29 256
Topspin Cyber Flash 1.20 Polyester 1.20 236
Topspin Cyber Flash 1.25 Polyester 1.23 240

gflyer
12-18-2009, 12:11 PM
I got TE for the first time in my life while using CF (strung pretty low @52x50).
I am not saying that CF caused my TE, it's always a combination of things, but CF IMO is not soft. in the range of polys I'll put it in the middle, especially now that many new generation copolys are coming out.
I still think that CF is one of the best string I played with.

Love50
12-18-2009, 12:15 PM
I also agree that it is relatively soft... when fresh. When it stiffens up, it will start to hurt if your elbow is still tender. How soon is subjective - it lasted 4-5 hours for me.

ckledzepplin
12-18-2009, 01:33 PM
thanks for the input, yeah my TE was caused by my technique on my kick serve, which i have almost corrected. do you think I'll get more spin, control and feel out of the string. I was thinking of stringing it at 50 or 53 as a full bed.

dacrymn
12-18-2009, 01:44 PM
I also agree that it is relatively soft... when fresh. When it stiffens up, it will start to hurt if your elbow is still tender. How soon is subjective - it lasted 4-5 hours for me.

wait a minute think about what you just said here

gflyer
12-18-2009, 02:19 PM
thanks for the input, yeah my TE was caused by my technique on my kick serve, which i have almost corrected. do you think I'll get more spin, control and feel out of the string. I was thinking of stringing it at 50 or 53 as a full bed.

Control of this string is amazing and also spin is great.
Feel just average (for a poly).

Love50
12-18-2009, 02:42 PM
wait a minute think about what you just said here

I re-read what I wrote... don't see your point? :confused:

dextor
12-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Topspin cyber blue is even softer, it's one of the softest polys according to stringforum.net survey of 2008.

kcmiser
12-18-2009, 04:22 PM
I think CF plays really well at low tensions, which is nice for those with arm troubles. However, I do think it has a bit of harshness to it.

I switched from CF to the very, very similar Unique Tourna Poly Big Hitter. Big Hitter is like a very slightly softer Cyberflash which delivers slightly better performance when fresh, but dies sooner. Just my experience.

Nojoke
12-21-2009, 04:41 AM
I believe that it VERY MUCH depends on how healed you are from the TE. IF you are not completely and entirely healed, I say say away from any polys.

I love poly hybrids. One of my very favorites was CF 1.20 and Sensation 1.25 crosses. But I had TE this past July, and right now (Dec.) I would not consider using a hybrid . . . yet. (I still experience twinges of that inner forearm tendon pain.) I am sticking with gut/multi hybrids till next summer, at least.

Here are the stiffness ratings--
Signum Pro Plasma Hextreme 1.25 Polyester 1.25 246
Signum Pro Plasma Hextreme 1.30 Polyester 1.29 256
Topspin Cyber Flash 1.20 Polyester 1.20 236
Topspin Cyber Flash 1.25 Polyester 1.23 240

hoodjem-

you once posted a link to where you get these ratings. I think it was a survey released in sept. 2008. Has there been an update (ie sept 2009 version)? If so, would you mind posting a link?

Thanks,

Joe

old coach
12-21-2009, 05:55 AM
hoodjem, also please give us a link how this test been performed or tell us if you know.