PDA

View Full Version : Pro Hurricane Tour 16 Gauge vs 17 Gauge

mrmo1115
12-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Leave your opinions on the 2 , insights , and which one you prefer

Thanks in advance.

I am deciding between the 2.

I am trying out 17 because I think I need some more zip on my shots and I can sacrifice durability because I am not a string popper.

Are they very different in feel?

Again, thanks in advance.

15-0
12-19-2009, 08:57 PM
I prefer a thinner string so i recomend the 17 the 17 will get slightly more power. If you want more power i suggest a multifilament a couple that have good power include: x one biphase, xcel power.

BigT
12-20-2009, 02:56 PM
PHT is one of the most uncomfortable polys out there, so if you must, go thinner.

mrmo1115
12-21-2009, 08:37 PM
PHT is one of the most uncomfortable polys out there, so if you must, go thinner.

I am in the midst of trying the thinner 17 ... I mean it won't hurt, I'm looking for more comfort and power anyways while still trying to keep its stiff attribute intact.

Hopefully I'll make the right move and buying a reel of the 17 before even getting a pack of it :-?

BigT
12-23-2009, 01:51 PM
If comfort is important to you, there are many other polys which are better. After they tried my suggestions, none of my customers miss PHT at all.

davidm
12-23-2009, 04:14 PM
If comfort is important to you, there are many other polys which are better. After they tried my suggestions, none of my customers miss PHT at all.

I agree. If the OP is not absolutely sold on pht after having tried alternatives, why not test out things like MSV Focus Hex or Weiss Cannon Silverstring? Both cost less than pht (msv in fact is much less) but in my opinion are superior strings. That's just what works for me and comfort, power, spin, control are all important to me, and these strings just plain worked well.

Give it a try.